The Mechanical Systems Engineering Project Lead will design, install, test and commission baggage handling systems (BHS) for domestic airports. The solution must have safety, value, dependability, maintainability, efficiency and sustainability. Most projects are conducted on construction job sites during live airport operations that require a mindset for safety, prompt and accurate execution, risk management and flexibility. A creative nature and hands-on mechanical aptitude are a necessity to succeed in this role.
Salary: 110 – 130 with a $5000 Sign On Bonus
Work Location: Hybrid position based out of Irving, Texas with 20% Travel Requirement
· Integrate products from the technical portfolio and design project specific equipment per established design practices.
· Interface and coordinate with other engineering disciplines (controls and Software).
· Plan and track the engineering progress based on project schedule and budget.
· Coordinate needed engineering resources with the Engineering Manager.
· Support the project schedule updates.
· Support mechanical installation.
· Equipment portfolio and their functions.
· Engineering workflow and standard design practices.
· Engineering software tools and analysis methods.
· Bill of material creation and equipment ordering processes.
· Baggage Handling / Material Handling experience required. Experience with conveyor systems design is a plus.
· Knowledge of cross functional engineering disciplines and their contribution to the projects.
· Organizational skills, self-motivation, application of mechanical engineering principles, the ability to learn computerized design and analysis tools.
· Proficient with AutoCAD 2D & 3D.
· Experience with BIM related activities and tools such as REVIT and NAVISWorks.
· Accomplished user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
· Excellent English oral and written skills.
· Ability to read construction plans.
· Mechanical/Civil Engineering degree or relevant experience in mechanical product integration or installation, product design or system layout.
· Required to work odd hours to avoid affecting the airport baggage operation when working at the job site.
· Able to negotiate tight spaces, ladders, stairwells, catwalks and occasionally lift 40 lbs.
· Experience with stress analysis of mechanical structures.
· Experience with 3D sheet metal and/or machine design.
· Experience working “live” construction jobsites and having safety training.
· Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
- Must be able to commute to the Irving, Texas office for required in-office work.
Siemens Logistics is recognized by “Fortune” as one of 2022’s Most Admired Companies in the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that embraces and promotes ownership culture, empowerment, open communication, diversity, and collaboration.
As an employee of Siemens Logistics, benefits start on day one include:
- Sign-on Bonus - $5000
- Competitive pay
- Excellent healthcare coverage
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible/Hybrid HQ office work schedule
- Paid time off/company holidays
Design your future with us! Apply today and join Team Siemens.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.