Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The heat transfer engineer is responsible for the thermal design and prediction of component temperatures for components in the hot turbine flow path, such as Blades, Vanes, Heat Shields, but also Casing & Rotor components. The tasks range from design & analysis of new components, upgrade of existing components, prediction of component performance under new conditions to customer support and resolving non-conformance reports from manufacturing. We use various inhouse & commercial CFD tools to design & perform thermal analysis on these components.
We often work in close collaboration in projects with cross functional teams located locally & globally with daily interactions. You are taking responsibility for your own work within the project and must have an understanding about the adjacent disciplines work as well as for the gas turbine as a system and your components function within the system.
The tasks can include coming up with conceptual design, failure mode evaluation, detailed thermal analysis, report writing, completing, and defending key technical reviews. Deep knowledge of heat transfer & fluid dynamics fundamentals, thermal analyses and manufacturing process requirements are essential. In addition to this, engineer needs to support developmental and testing aspects (post final design review) for validation of the product and is also required to provide technical advice about the suitability of developed design and its application across multiple gas turbine frames. Job requires regular interaction with global teams hence engineer should have strong communication skills and cross-cultural knowledge.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Heat transfer and cooling design and analysis of gas turbine parts (rotating or stationary or system).
• Heat transfer and flow analysis using commercial CFD tools, CFX or Star CCM+ and other in-house tools.
• Thermal modelling using flow network approach with pressure loss and heat transfer correlations connected to a FE solver.
• Understand the product function, design requirements and design principles.
• Be a point of contact, speaking partner and provide expertise regarding hot gas path heat transfer related topics in a project
• Work with project lead to understand the requirements, find solutions to design challenges, and deliver related design activities within agreed timeline.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Mechanical engineer with an MTech in Mechanical engineering (Thermal Science) and focus in thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in thermal analysis and design of cooled gas turbine components.
• Experience in utilizing heat transfer and cooling design engineering skills to analyze technical requirements and applying appropriate skill set to design hot gas path, Casing & Rotor turbine components.
• Ability to analyze/create thermal boundary conditions and perform Flow & Heat Transfer engineering calculations both for analytical, flow network, correlation based, and CFD & Conjugate Heat Transfer based tasks.
• Finite element analysis & ability to review the results. Good Familiarity with FE tools like ANSYS or general-purpose FEA tool.
• Heat Transfer-design fundamentals & problem-solving skills (Gas Turbine Component, System level)
• Understanding of Mechanical integrity, Aerodynamics, and manufacturing aspects for gas turbine blading.
• Experience using Pro / E, NX (Uni-graphics) or other similar solid modeling CAD software for visualization of cooling channel/scheme lay out of components or engine assembly is a merit.
• Experience in Providing technical support to other functional areas is a merit.
• Exposure to SAP and Teamcenter PLM is a merit.
• Programming skills like python, NX Open
- Strong interpersonal skill i.e., team player, quick learner, imaginative, innovative, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
- Self-driven in work tasks with a willingness to learn & propose and try new methods to solve a problem
- Effective communicator both verbal and non -verbal.
- Ability to write clear and descriptive reports in English.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time