Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Grid Control Solutions is mainly focused on development and execution of software solutions projects for market operators/traders and all infrastructure grids of utilities, municipalities, and non-utility customers.
What part will you play?
In this role, you will be part of Grid Control Solutions team, you will be a responsible bid manager to perform bid management activities for international and domestic markets where Grid Control Solutions Turkey is a key player. The Bid Manager is responsible for the timely submission of a competitive bid up to the project handover.
What are my responsibilities?
• Manage the assigned Bids within project time schedule and cost budget
• Perform technical and operational support to sales processes, remotely or on-site, for an assigned sales team and / or customer organization(s)
• Plan & follow up technical bid preparation, configuration, and commissioning tasks
• Define the bid structure, ensuring conformity of the bid contents with the defined strategy, and approval of the bid.
• Analyze customers' technical requirements in order to better judge on aspects of product and solution integration.
• Complete technical analyses and supports proposal process at any stage as part of the sales team.
• Perform the internal approval process in conformity with guidelines and in compliance with the Business Unit regulations.
• Perform site surveys to develop base design or implementation plans.
• Work in joint cross-group effort of all internal business partners to create business solutions with best economic results for both customer and Siemens.
• Communicate actively with customer and internal bid team (e.g. Product development, Engineering, Project Management, Life-cycle Management, Procurement, etc.).
• Manage respective sub-contractors in collaboration with Procurement organization.
• Develop, design, and complete customer proposals in technical aspects (Proposal Engineering).
• Support and coordinates technical clarification of the bid until placement of the order.
• Ensure timely and financially accurate internal reporting and controlling
• Perform bid management support to Siemens global teams for international projects with multi-cultural aspect.
• Analysis and assessment of contract risks, commercial and technical risks
• Preparation and review of the cost calculation
• Maintain and upgrade proposal templates, formats, standard technical contents, and pricing tools.
• Perform the review of task design and implementation process and provide guidance in the phase of solution integration.
• Sales support during contract negotiations and handover of the project to the project management
• Support completion of service contracts (i.e. planning and estimation of labor categories, rates, material cost, etc.)
• Prepare and manage pre-qualification documents and process
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• We look forward to meeting you if you hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering or Computer Science
• 5+ years bid management experience and/or 5+ years engineering/project management experience in SCADA, DMS, EMS or Turnkey Solution projects
• Good understanding of the energy distribution/transmission market and technologies, mainly in SCADA, IT/OT integration, digitalization with IoT solutions and cyber security
• Experience in managing international bids/projects with diverse multi-cultural teams is a plus
• Wide-range commercial and contractual experience including end-to-end bid management
• Fluent English in speaking and writing is a must
• Ability to prioritize and manage own time effectively to achieve targets
• Advanced in MS Office applications
• Result-orientated with strong analytical thinking
• Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and customer focused
• Track record of excellent communications & influencing skills
What else do I need to know?
• No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily,
• Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time