Power Electronics Electrical Engineer - Design & Simulation
Siemens Process Industries and Drives - New Kensington, PA facility is looking for talent! One of the core businesses of Siemens, we provide future-proof automation, drive technology, industrial software, and services based on best-in-class technology platforms like Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) or Integrated Drive Systems (IDS). Join us in empowering businesses to work harder, smarter, and faster. We’re on a journey to find a Power Electronics Engineer! Apply today and let’s see if we are a match!Primary Responsibilities
- Develop components for large AC Drive, Power Supply and other Power Electronics technologies
- Design, analyze and simulate power electronics circuits, magnetic components and control strategies for large AC drives and power supplies.
- Develop test methods for design qualification; assist with the product development process from initial design testing to final quality testing; troubleshoot large AC drive failures: evaluate and implement improvement methods.
- Interface, communicate, transact and/or lead such projects with other operations, including its foreign contacts, on common development projects.
- Minimum BS degree with 6 years’ experience of related experience, Master’s Degree with 4 years’ experience or PhD Degree with 2 years’ experience (desirable)
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with experience in simulation and design of electronic circuits
- Expertise in use of FEA Electromagnetic, Low and High Frequency design tools such as Ansys Maxwell and HFSS
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately sophisticated assignments.
- Optimally applies sophisticated knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of area of specialization.
- Required travel 5%.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.” in the requirements section.
- Experience in Thermal design tools such as Ansys Icepak and Proficient
- Experience in use of system simulators such as Matlab/Simulink, Ansys Simplorer/Twin Builder and/or Spice
- Experience in developing solutions for ac motor drives
- Optimally applies knowledge of Big Data/Machine Learning concepts
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Completes sophisticated planning of detailed product development objectives.
- Completes the preparation of complex sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
- Performs complex review of results to determine products performance.
- Completes sophisticated prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility. Completes standardization of complex materials, components and assemblies.
- Completes and maintains detailed and comprehensive records of all inventive ideas, designs, and basic improvements.
- Completes product issues documentation for future reference and problem resolution.
- Refers sophisticated, unusual problems to others.
- Identifies and resolves more sophisticated problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to take care of most situations.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.