Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
About Charging-As-A-Service (CaaS)
CAAS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – in order to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient.
In a high-powered application like fast vehicle charging, the difference between controlled, optimally balanced vs unrestrained EV charging could be 3x in cost from your local utility. Even more importantly, EV fleets, particularly when part of critical and close to real-time business processes (for example, autonomous fleets), need to be scheduled for charging in specific time intervals. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, CAAS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible in each depot location or in-route stops.
Our approach is to offer charging as a service that is unique in the industry. We offer our customers a per mile driven or per kWh usage rate. CAAS provides the bulk of the upfront capital expenditures associated with the charging platform.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In the role of Director of Systems Engineering, we are looking for candidates who want to be a part of something innovative and industry-leading in the EV mobility space, specifically CaaS. You will be responsible for setting up and operating an EV Charging lab, building and managing a team, and delivering industry-leading products and experiences to our customers globally. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach, and lead a team of System Engineers and Validation Engineers in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Setup and own an EV Charging lab inclusive of multi-vendor EVSEs, site controllers, microgrid controllers, EVs, and Battery storage
- Own the development, validation, and delivery of containerized edge computing-based applications including site controller, and EV Charger integration using OCPP. Integrate with Energy management systems at the site level
- Own the development and delivery of an automation-based OCPP test harness
- Identify solutions at the systems level for fitment into the EV CaaS product suite
- Collaborate closely with customers, engineering, product management, and 3rd party technical teams
- Partner with engineering leadership to develop the operating structure and process to deliver on business goals
- Recruit, retain, mentor, and develop a growing team of system engineers
- Track record of successfully setting up and owning an EV Charging lab
- 10+ years of systems engineering experience and having directly led teams (system engineers and validation engineers) with a minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Expert in EV Chargers and its eco-system components
- Expert level knowledge of OCPP
- Technical knowledge of C++, REST API, Python or GoLang, or similar
- Proven ability to scale and foster a high-performing team
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate effectively across the organization
- Strong Experience in electrical components esp. those required for setup at an EV Charging site.
- Strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession with product excellence, and an ability to move fast in a high-performing environment
- Demonstrated success in leading the development of products and customer-facing features from inception to delivery
- Excellent problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Strong analytical and experimental design skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Amazon Web Services
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.