Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
About Charging-As-A-Service (CaaS)
CAAS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – in order to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient.
In a high-powered application like fast vehicle charging, the difference between controlled, optimally balanced vs unrestrained EV charging could be 3x in cost from your local utility. Even more importantly, EV fleets, particularly when part of critical and close to real-time business processes (for example, autonomous fleets), need to be scheduled for charging in specific time intervals. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, CAAS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible in each depot location or in-route stops.
Our approach is to offer charging as a service that is unique in the industry. We offer our customers a per mile driven or per kWh usage rate. CAAS provides the bulk of the upfront capital expenditures associated with the charging platform.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In the role of QA Team Lead (SDET) - Systems Engineering for the EV CaaS product suite, you’ll have the opportunity to work on multiple technologies. Our development scope extends from IoT communication protocols to cloud scalable connectivity and big data processing on our SaaS analytics product. This is an excellent opportunity to become a founding and core member of a rapidly growing systems engineering team. This individual will develop the test harness for validating various EV Chargers against our cloud backend application. This individual will work closely with product management and the engineering teams in executing the product vision to reality.
- Responsible for writing the system and solution test plan
- Responsible for automating the system and solution test cases for various EV chargers using the OCPP test tool
- Contribute to engineering efforts to solve complex engineering problems in testing and tools
- Design, develop and extend the automated testing frameworks
- Deliver high-quality code that has been thoroughly tested
- Be a technical leader, mentor, collaborator, and champion of best practices
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Participate in code reviews, retrospectives, and lunch-and-learns
- Mentor junior QA engineers to help them improve their analytical thinking and coding practices
- Investigate and resolve system functionality and performance issues
- Work with various EV Charger vendors and their technical teams
- Comfortable working in a Lab setting
- An experienced technical leader with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of QA Lead (SDET or Automation) experience
- Experience in developing automated test frameworks in the EV Charging domain using OCPP
- Versatile and fast learner with the ability to take early code and help with early integration testing
- Experience with automation frameworks (Webdriver.IO, Selenium, or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of C++, Node.JS, REST API, and Postman
- Must be very hands-on, passionate about quality, and willing to collaborate with multiple teams for system testing
- Strong analytical, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and their technical teams
- An aptitude for learning new technologies and applying them to the product suite
- Take pride in your craft and understand what it means to ship high-quality code
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Amazon Web Services
- Charging Lab setup and optimization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.