Technology comes into shape.
As a system partner for innovative metal processing and cabling, Sykatec in Sibiu sets standards in production and logistics. Many years of experience in supplying rail and industrial technology have strengthened our competencies: bending, punching, welding, and painting as well as building complex cable harnesses. The locations of Sykatec in Sibiu and Erlangen act as one team and both benefit from the parent group Siemens. Various central services and career programs ensure high-quality standards and employee satisfaction.
Reporting to the Technical Department Manager, you will develop processes for new and existing products for Cable Harness Manufacturing within Sykatec Sibiu.
You will be responsible for:
• New Product Introduction within the overall wiring looms process
• Responsible for Design to Manufacturing with Customer R&D
• New projects offer calculation, process design and development, product and process validation, and SOP
• Responsible for projects, process, and know-how transfer from Germany HQ to Sibiu plant
• Solves day by day quality issues within production workshops
• Ensuring compliance with customer specifications and standard requirements
• Partner with Quality and Purchasing to qualify suppliers
• Analyzes the product manufacturing process steps, and implements measures to reduce costs, improve quality, reduce rework, and increase productivity
• Training regarding any new project changes within the production
• Establish and accomplish yearly cost reduction goals to improve profitability
Essential Qualifications, and Experience:
• Technical studies in the field of Electrical/Mechatronics/Electromechanical or similar studies
• +3 years’ technical experience in an electro/electromechanical manufacturing environment
• + 3 years experience in new project implementation and transfer
• Strong process mindset with Lean manufacturing experience, aiming to achieve excellence
• Align, and collaborate well with local key functions such as Technology, Quality, Production, Purchasing, Logistics, Finance, and functions from Germany HQ
• Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
• Working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
• Good command of the English language, German would be an advantage
Siemens Sykatec, str. Barcelona, Sibiu, Romania
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SIMEA SIBIU S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time