We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assembly Technician to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business.
This role is currently based at our Traction Drives factory in Leeds but towards the end of 2022, the factory will move to our new Train Manufacturing Plant in Goole, Yorkshire on a permanent basis so we are looking for someone that lives in a commutable distance.
This role is a site based role working 5 days a week across Monday – Friday from 7am – 3pm and there is also the opportunity of overtime.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will ensure that HVAC investigations, repairs, overhauls, and root cause analysis are undertaken efficiently, safely, at the right cost and to the right level of quality to meet customer order requirements.
What part will you play
- Disassemble and reassemble products in line with works order instructions requirements, to meet customer expectations.
- Efficient disassembly/reassembly in line with productivity improvements and capacity planning (achieve the required efficiency and utilization standards for production – i.e. performance/assembly to build times)
- Mechanical and electrical overhauls of traction motors (disassembly and assembly)
- Mechanical and electrical inspection of motor parts (stator, rotor, bearing, castings)
- Failure and root cause analysis (unique or serial defect, manufacturing, or material issues)
- Undertake necessary repairs
- Be aware of and promote positive Health and Safety activities
Skills and qualifications needed to succeed in this role
- Experience in a production/assembly/manufacturing environment
- Understanding of specifications, engineering drawings and principles
- Familiar with office software and IT
- Prepared to travel and work outside normal hours to meet business needs and initial training period
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualifications or background working on HVAC systems is desirable
- Refrigeration ventilation experience desirable
- Braising and mechanical experience also desirable
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time