Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to work in the production team of our Leeds facility. Working with the Assembly Team Leader, you will assemble products and solutions efficiently, safely, at the right cost and to the right level of quality.
This is an exciting time to join our growing Traction Drives team, and a phenomenal opportunity to get involved in the upcoming Desiro projects for Eurostar and Thameslink contracts to name a few.
You will be based in our Leeds depot with a plan to transition to our brand-new manufacturing facility in Goole at the beginning of 2023.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Overhaul, root cause analysis and repair of traction drive systems in line with order instructions requirements, to meet customer expectations and industry standards
- Efficient disassembly/reassembly in line with productivity improvements and capacity planning
- Be responsible for Health, Safety & Environment and ensure control measures are in place
- Actively support zero harm culture, specifically the recording of near misses, reporting of accidents/incidents and assist the Zone Owner with completion of any risk assessments in the production work area
- Participate in any continuous improvement activities, including workshops and discussion groups relating to quality, cost, and delivery performance
- Assist and support the implementation and promotion of continuous improvement
- Support, lead, train, and mentor others (including apprentices)
- Lead by example and encouragement, ensuring that the best assembly practices are introduced, maintained, and improved
- Contribute and participate in production meetings
- Participate and be involved with Company Quality Procedure and Standards, ensuring timely identification, communication and recording of all quality issues
- Ensure that all quality procedures are always followed and adhered to
- Assist, support and promote 5’s activities within the production area
What are some of the tasks that you will undertake?
- Mechanical investigation of rotating equipment (gearboxes and motors)
- Implementation and execution of quality checks to Industry Standards
- Mechanical and electrical inspections and overhauls and of traction gearboxes and motors (disassembly and assembly)
- Failure and root cause analysis including vibration analysis (unique or serial defect, manufacturing, or material issues)
- Responsibility for the tooling & equipment (set up of equipment and calibration of instruments)
What qualifications, skills and experience will you need?
- Mechanical Engineering qualification, NVQ Level 3 or higher or previous relevant experience in a mechanical engineering environment (full training will be provided)
- Mechanical experience in working on motors and gearboxes is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of specifications, engineering drawings and principles
- Familiar with office software and IT
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal hours to meet business needs and initial training period
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time