Siemens - Smart Infrastructure - Grid Software (SI-GSW) is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Digital Gird offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
For our SI-GSW setup in Egypt we are looking for a Project Manager to support our growing business:
What are my responsibilities?
RTU Commissioning Engineer is responsible for the RTU site commissioning work is completed on time and within technical best practicing. RTU Commissioning Engineer will report directly to the Site Commissioning Manager while work is taking place, the RTU Commissioning Engineer will monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise. also keep in close contact with members of their site team at all times, and liaise with site engineers, surveyors, technicians, planners and subcontractors. He will also ensure that work complies with building regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements. Finally, RTU Commissioning Engineer also acts as the first point of contact for members of sub-contractors.
What are my responsibilities?
• Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project, ensuring that the customer’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs.
• Coordinating and supervising site technicians.
• Selecting tools and materials.
• Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
• Maintaining quality control procedures
• Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up.
• Assessing and minimizing risk.
• Interfaces with customers on all RTU related technical, project, and business issues.
• Conducts technical review of field designs and works with RTU, marshalling, LV/HV control panels for adaptation work, etc. to ensure that project requirements are met, providing technical guidance and direction in all phases under substation RTU/ control center interface at substation.
• Provide local support for the contractual training linked to substation RTU, modification work
• Coordinate the shutdowns and witnessing / inspection of work by client
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English.
• Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong Knowledge of Substation Automation System and SCADA applications, Communication Protocols and Integration with IED’s from different Vendors Like GE, ALSTOM and SIEMENS.
• Planning and scheduling project timelines and milestone using MS Project.
• Equipment Selection and finalization of LoM (List of Material) according to project scope for order placement to manufacturing facilities and vendors.
• Engineering, Parameterization & Commissioning of Siemens SICAM RTU’s and SICAM 230 HMI
• CAEx Plus (Soft logic) programming according to IEC 61131-3 for Load Management Systems and Automation Solutions
• SICAM RTU’s interfacing different protocols (IEC-60870-5-101,104 and 61850)
• Development & Implementation of QMS Procedure in the Design and Implementation Section.
• Testing and commissioning of SICAM RTU’s
• Protocol application experience with IEC 101, 104, IEC61850, Modbus TCP/IP and serial protocols.
• Communication interface design and configuration with devices including PC's, printers, time sources with SNTP, NTP, Data Concentrators, IEDs (meters, protection relays).
• Familiar with the features of Protection relays & Bay Controllers of Siprotec Family and hands on experience of uploading/downloading of Protection Relays settings, DIGSI software including configuration, logic development (CFC).
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.