Siemens - Smart Infrastructure - Gird Software (SI-GSW) is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Grid Software offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
For our SI-GSW setup in Egypt we are looking for a communication engineer to support our growing business:
What are my main duties?
#Commissioning & Test of UHF/VHF systems:
You are responsible for Commission, install/setup, integrate, test and implement radio communications systems on time and within technical best practicing within Distribution Control Centers.
#Commissioning & Test of 3G/4G modems:
You are responsible for Commission, install/setup, integrate, test and implement 3G/4G communications modems through MSCs existing networks on time and within technical best practicing within Distribution Control Centers.
Switching and Routing knowledge is essential.
#Commissioning & Test Engineer will monitor progress,
oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks and sort out any
problems which could hold up work as they arise. Also always keep in close
contact with members of their site team, and liaise with site engineers,
surveyors, technicians, planners and subcontractors. He will also ensure that
work complies with regulations and health and safety legislation as well as
other legal requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
• Creating and carrying out test procedures.
• Investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults.
• Writing reports and documentation.
• Liaising with installation/project engineers
• Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines
• Reviews the project technical documentation and the contractual requirements
• Coordinates activities of vendor representatives and subcontractors
• Ensures safe execution of all commissioning activities through the application of the work permit procedure.
• Coordinate the site works and witnessing / inspection of work by client
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor’s degree in communication engineering
• At least 3 years’ experience in communication commissioning, maintenance & testing
• Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
• Commission, install/setup, integrate, test and implement radio communications technologies within technical best practicing of Distribution Control Centers.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong Knowledge of mobile communications technologies (GSM-GPRS-UMTS-4G(LTE))
• Good knowledge of networking communication (CCNA is preferable)
• Fluent English Language (Writing and speaking)
& Design Preparation capabilities
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industrial LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time