Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio, hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join our Smart Infrastructure Grid Software business unit as the software development technical lead and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
In this role you will take an active role in software development from design, documentation, coding, tuning, testing to customer support, advise and lead a team of developers
- Take an active role in software development by using Java technologies and / or advanced latest technologies.
- Being involved in software development life cycle by designing, documenting, coding, tuning, and testing based on customer needs.
- Design and realization of core components of the new architecture
- Strategic development of internal and external APIs.
- Developing multi-threaded and asynchronous applications.
- Understanding Siemens Portfolio solutions and to assist in configuration engineering to meet customer requirements within contract costs or development budgets, timescales, and appropriate quality standards.
- Provide technical support by answering queries, failure investigations, problem solving etc.
- Debug complex configuration issues.
- Provide training to customers as required.
Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
- 4+ years of experience in preparing technical documentation (Requirement, High- & Low-level design document)
- 3+ years of Experience in Mobile Development
- MSC Degree in IT is a nice to have
- Certified in Agile methodology,
Knowledge on one or more of the following:
- Expert in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Object Oriented Programming, generics, annotations, multi-threading, JDBC API, experienced with Eclipse IDE development environment. Knowledge/experience in an ORM framework (such as Hibernate) for persistence management.
- J2EE/Java/JSP/Servlet/GWT/AJAX Application Development.
- Must have experience and an understanding of how to implement applications using Model-View-Presenter (MVP) with GWT, Model View and Controller (MVC) utilizing a framework (Spring/Struts/JSF)
- Experience in using a source control system - Ant/Maven/Grade build engineering
- Writing custom scripts (batch/shell) to automate build/deployment activities
- Working knowledge of both Waterfall and AGILE software development lifecycle approaches.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time