Siemens Digital industry has an exciting opportunity for an experience and diligent Portfolio Consulting Professional within the Industrial Communications and Networking product lines. This position based in HCMC or Hanoi, reports to the PA DCP business segment and PA local and works closely with the regional industrial sales teams in addition to channel partners across Vietnam territory proving expert-level consultative product and sales support on Siemens’ extended industrial networking and identification solution portfolios. This important role and function will support the sales team to execute demand creation activities, nurture, and drive opportunities to closure, and grow the Industrial Communications, Networking & Identification business segment, supporting all vertical industries and target markets with a strong focus on the industrial automation market/customers. With increasing interest and adoption of Ethernet communication on the plant floor, a drive toward digitalization and Industry 4.0, this role commands a critical resource providing domain expertise, product, and solution guidance to customers on industrial networking architecture, design, and implementation.
Outward focused, customer-oriented and self-motivated sales specialist driven to:
• Focus on targeted accounts for Communication & Networking products and services related opportunities in whole Vietnam territory.
• Develop and execute regional and channel partner marketing programs in association with Sales.
• Support and facilitate ("knowledge transfer") to sales & channel partners.
• Provide consultative support to sales teams, channel partners and customers ("technical advice and guidance”) relative to Communication & Networking products and services.
• Provides pre-sales and post-sales support for complex technical applications deploying Application Engineer as required.
• Support the sales organization to develop and close identified opportunities.
• Conducts/organizes cross functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, services.
• Provide consultative sales support to external partners (Distributors, Solution Partners) relative to Industrial Communication & Networking products and solutions.
• Guides the development of business plans and product introduction plans on regional basis.
• Provides input into the product development requirements for new products or enhancing existing products or product lines.
• Provide feedback on customer requirements and issues as well as competitive intelligence.
• Collaborate with product marketing managers to implement marketing strategies and programs in the region.
Required Knowledge & Skills
• Candidate must have sales and technical experience and basic knowledge of industrial automation solution sets and architectures (SIMATIC).
• Understanding of “networking products” as a critical component of common automation systems.
• Ability to demonstrate the value proposition of the Siemens SCALANCE (& RUGGEDCOM would be advantageous) product lines and the unique differentiators.
• Ability to discuss the basic components of an automation system: PLC's, HMI, and SCADA.
• Education: Tertiary Qualification in related discipline
• Typically, 3-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
• Anticipated travel: 20 – 30%
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
• Familiarity with Siemens’ SCALANCE (& RUGGEDCOM would be advantageous) product lines.
• Familiarity with commonly sold competitive Communication & Networking product lines in market (Cisco, Hirschman, Moxa, FluidMesh, NTron).
• Familiarity with local channels to market and customer.
• Experience in competitive account conversions
• Knowledge of the industrial automation value chain and typical work practices – system integrators, OEMs, and end-users.
• Industry certifications such a Siemens, Aruba,
At Siemens, we value diversity as the inclusion of and collaboration of different thinking, background, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organization levels and dimensions. We encourage and support our employees to develop their personal skills and strengths, regardless of gender identity, nationality, age, religious beliefs etc... We believe diversity strengthens our innovative capacity, unleashes the potential of Siemens’ employees and thereby directly contributes to our business success.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time