Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Engineering? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Engineering.
- Engineering work packages required to maintain and develop our fleets over their full life cycle
- Work with our Innovation and Platform Management Team, Retrofit & Engineering Safety & Assurance teams to determine the new and optimal solutions and upgrades for our delivered fleets
- Take part in Innovation projects to bring new, sustainable, and future technologies to the industry across a range of engineering disciplines
- Learn how our business operates and how the engineering approach is vital to ensure efficient and safe delivery of our products
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in Engineering
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation, and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £19,305 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That is why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility, and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time