Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Solutions Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Systems Engineer.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with a good applications background in instruments and systems. You will be involved in the design and manufacturing of Medical Device Instruments. As part of the Engineering team you will be working on complex medical device instruments including immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The role requires an experienced engineer who can solve problems, understands instruments and systems which utilize multiple technologies, mechanical, electronics, fluidics, and software.
The Skill set we are looking for
- Someone who understands instrument and systems and how they operate together.
- A background in original equipment / machine design & development from a systems perspective, combined with experience operating across the full value chain of a product an advantage
- Excellent electromechanical knowledge.
- Must have good software knowledge and can do scripting in vba, python or excel to extract data
- Able to analyze data to look for trends in data and complete some basic statistical analysis.
- Must be able to trouble shoot complex instruments to solve problems.
- Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Work across technologies integrating with fluidics, electronics, optics and software.
The personality we are looking for
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to work across multiple functions procurement, customer service etc.
- Someone who shows initiative and is creative.
- Utilises their knowledge and skill set to get the job done with pace.
- Can mentor and guide other engineers.
- Ability to travel on occasion when required to assist field service.
Required for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic, Engineering, Bio-Medical) with 5 years relevant engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
- Very Strong Mechanical / Electromechanical / systems knowledge
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time