Our central research and development unit, Technology (T) is a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provides important services along the entire value chain. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research. We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day.
At Technology, you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Our Technology Field is Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (DAI). Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate community of around 240+ researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe. We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Energy, Mobility and Buildings to Smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence.
Are you this?
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who can strategize and steer to a program to business success by building innovative solutions that cater to both the immediate needs of our customers, as well as anticipating the future needs of business, while developing a a strong IP base.
Mission of function:
· The Project Manager is responsible for the development (business and technology) of a significant RG portfolio element through customer funded research projects and therefore contributes to RG and TF strategy.
a) PM will be highly familiar in the technology topics and contributes to the program road map. In addition, the PM will handle the following tasks
- Organize deep technical reviews of the ongoing projects in the program
- Responsible for customer management, business unit outreach activities
- Develop and deploy new technologies
- Drive university collaboration
- Project archival & Knowledge management
- Provide strategic & operational inputs (e.g. Capex planning) to the Portfolio Manager and research group head
b) Strategy and research management (with Product Ownership):
- Collaborating with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product/program requirements
- >Creating a product road map based on this vision
- >Managing the product backlog and prioritizing them based on changing requirements
- >Overseeing all stages of product creation including design and development
- Strategic positioning and planning (mid/ long term) of respective technology portfolio element as part of RG and foster cross-RG collaboration within and across regions.
- Acquisition and utilization of knowledge concerning the internal and external trends in the represented technology domain of the program as well as potential impact in the market and relevant competitors in order to define the innovation roadmap for the portfolio element.
- Keep the implementation of the roadmap on track by leading project acquisition activities for portfolio element in alignment with the RG Head, providing transparency and guidance on all activities (projects) regarding portfolio element
- Controlling and review of projects within respective portfolio element and therefore contributing to the overall financial controlling of the respective RG
- Initiate, motivate, drive patents / standardization aspects for the relevant portfolio element
- Representation of the respective portfolio element and the Research Group (technology, competencies, offerings) both to Siemens units and externally, e.g. to the scientific community. Establish and maintain respective networks.
c) Program management:
- Management of relevant projects as a Project Manager
- Support recruitment, competence management, resource management and transfer activities for Research Group, in alignment with the Portfolio Manager and RG Head
- Understands specific cultural differences between regions or organizations that influence local dynamics or opportunities.
- Respects differing points of view as being as valid as own.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time