We are currently looking to recruit an IT Systems Trainer to join our Siemens Rolling Stock business. Reporting to the Applications Manager, you will develop, maintain, and deliver training courses for the primary specialist business systems used within the Rolling Stock business. Rolling Stock is part of Siemens Mobility Limited and delivers high performance new fleets of trains and provides fleet maintenance services for some of the most reliable trains in the UK.
The primary systems include the CORMAP (IBM Maximo based) Maintenance Management System (MMS), Teamcenter and the Traincare Portal. CORMAP is a Siemens implementation of IBM Maximo that is tailored for management of rail fleet maintenance.
As the Systems Trainer you will take responsibility for development of all training materials, course design and delivery. You will deliver courses and call in external resource as necessary to meet peaks in training demand. You will develop course content for face-to-face classroom based training, remote classroom training and web-based training methods. Key to the selected method and the content of training is the Training Needs Analysis (TNA). You will produce TNAs considering the skills, knowledge, emotional intelligence, and behaviours that our staff need and how to develop them effectively. The TNAs will be undertaken at organisational, team and individual levels.
This is a location independent role which requires significant travel to our Rolling Stock locations within the UK, therefore we are happy to consider applications UK wide.
These are your responsibilities
- Define and develop training courses and materials for the primary applications. Where possible reuse proven courses and further develop existing materials
- Consult with the operational management and Business Systems colleagues on the training requirements and target trainees and the design of appropriate courses and materials to meet those needs
- Research and understand the policy and practice of fleet maintenance, with particular understanding of safety critical requirements, so as to design courses that match those policies and practices
- Deliver training courses to identified trainees
- Develop a set of local user champions as advanced users at each Rolling Stock site so that they can cascade training and maintain competence at that site
- Ensure that the necessary preparation for training has been done, including provision of environment, systems and materials
- Ensure that feedback is obtained from each course delegate as the basis for continuous improvement
- Provide early life support for major projects together with the system experts
- Plan and develop a working relationship with NTAR to allow system training packages to be delivered as part of competency and induction training for depot staff
- Work with leaders, such as Fleet Delivery Managers, Fleet Materials Managers and Engineering Managers to assess requirements for training staff in key systems
- Become an expert user in the CORMAP Maintenance Management System to the level required to be able to deliver training to fleet production, materials and engineering teams
- Become an expert user in the Equinox Maintenance Management System to the level required to be able to deliver training to fleet production, materials and engineering teams
- Maintain a register of training requirements and agree training course delivery schedule with operational managers
- Ensure that peaks in training demand are identified and provision for additional training resource is procured
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Certification for teaching and/ or training adults (CIPD, City & Guilds or equivalent)
- Experience of developing and delivering IT related training materials and courses
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm, discipline, and interest in a classroom setting
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Good customer and user management skills
- Technical understanding of the CORMAP (Maximo) system and how to configure it
- Experience of maintenance management systems and supporting finance and other information systems
- Experience in a rolling stock maintenance organisation
- Experience of training a PLM system such as Teamcenter
- Production of Training Needs Analysis
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time