Charged up and ready to roll!
The World is facing huge challenges with approx. 10 billion people by 2050 worldwide and more than 70% are living in cities. To provide a balanced and healthy life for all of us the decarbonization is a solution.
Therefore, eMobility Infrastructure needs to grow > 30%. We will provide the end-to-end charging solutions for multiple customer applications. We offer intelligent energy management systems which can combine EV charging infrastructure with battery storage systems and renewable energy generation. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
Within the newly formed eMobility business, we are seeking for a qualified candidate for the role as Partner Manufacturing Engineer.
The SI, eMobility Grid business unit is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Test Development Engineer. Test Development Engineer represents key facets of the Siemens overall solution and sustainable growth plan for eMobility within the corporate strategy of Vision 2020+. The role will be responsible for test systems to insure product performance, quality and long-term reliability of end solutions to our customers. Our manufacturing base is primarily in USA, China and Philippines
The role will report to the head of NAM Supply Chain Management Global Ops, and will have responsibility for test systems development, inclusive of test systems HW & SW development, CapEx budgeting and build scheduling to insure test capacity readiness in partner factories. Key factors for a successful candidate will include prior experience working with electronics & electro-mechanical manufacturing and test; ability to develop test SW to automate and improve test efficiency and accuracy and provide data analytics. A strong team building orientation is required. The role covers AC Charge test systems for or Buy American partner factories in the USA. The role will be based in Atlanta, or Raleigh. Travel is expected to vary between 25-40%. Travel outside of the USA, to countries such as China and Philippines may be required.
- Test System Design
- Provide test requirements input to “product feature specification”
- Based on the requirements and regulatory specification, design production test system to insure compliance to spec.
- Customer spec
- SAE J1772, UL2231, UL2202, UL1741, IEC 62169, etc
- Production Test
- Collaborate with cross functional team to access Design Verification Test data and determine production test requirements
- Establish test plan and test parameters
- Responsible for the release of test plan and procedure in Team Center
- Factory test config control
- Responsible for the budgeting, purchasing, building and commissioning of production test systems
- Software – Lab View/Test Stand
- Implement and qualify production test systems
- Shop floor control and traceability
- Sustaining test engineering support
- Production data storage and management
- Analyze production test data
- determine actions to improve product and test process
- Reduce test cost
- Bachelors Degree in engineering from an accredited 4 year university. (Advanced degree in engineering is a strong plus)
- 7+ years of direct experience developing Automated Test Systems with SW in the Lab View / Test Stand environment
- Test Data management and report generation to support statistical analytics.
- Highly experience with test and measurement equipment in manual and automated mode. Equipment such as, but not limited to, Power Quality Meter, O’Scope, DMM, Spectrum analyzer, AC & DC Power Supplies, Active AC Load Banks, etc….
- Experience in Electric Vehicle Market is preferred
- Able to travel internationally is a significant plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.