Mode of Employment: Limited; Part time only, 15 hours/ week
Your extra treasure of experience.
How will we travel, communicate, and use energy in the world of tomorrow? Work on the right answers with us. We are looking for bright minds – thinkers with a passion for practical matters. In short, people who can turn their questions and ours into exciting new discoveries. When you join our team as one of our working students, you will find many opportunities to get involved. Seize the chance to be part of our global network, make key contacts, and get your career as well as your personal life on the best track. Our teams are curious to meet you.
What part will you play?
What can be done to obtain a meaningful product carbon footprint beyond average estimates? How can the actual emissions of each actor in the value chain be reflected in the final footprint of a product? The answer to these fundamental questions is our mission; our team is enabling the industry to transparently describe, trustfully share, and ultimately reduce their product carbon footprints at scale. SiGREEN is an emissions-sharing platform that enables companies to determine a representative product carbon footprint by requesting actual upstream emission data from suppliers (peer to peer). We combine new IT solutions such as distributed ledger technologies with in-depth environmental domain know-how.
At Siemens we have been awarded an internal start-up status which allows us to move fast and in agile processes. We develop the product along customer needs while picking up the pulse of the industry’s major associations and networks. SiGREEN is a team within Siemens Digital Industries - Factory Automation. This strategic position close to our factories helps us to understand decarbonization approaches first-hand. We test our product both in-house and with external partners. Thereby we are also benefiting from short feedback loops regarding the embedded carbon accounting methodologies.
In your role you are taking over various tasks in the field of product carbon footprinting. You are given the opportunity to explore areas where you’d like to develop further. Activities for this role include:
- Investigation of methodological aspects via case studies
- Monitoring of the environmental assessment standard landscape
- Product carbon footprint assessments
- Support of proof of concepts for product testing
- Facilitation of pilot projects with clients
- Translating feedback loops into requirements
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You are a student of engineering (industrial/sustainable), natural sciences (environmental specialization), or similar at a German university
- You are at the beginning of your Master’s degree
- You can demonstrate your in-depth knowledge of life cycle assessment and related modeling software
- Preferably, you are experienced with environmental footprint standards (ISO14044/67, GHG Protocol Product, PEF etc.)
- It’s an additional plus if you have experience with carbon offsetting schemes
- Good understanding and working experience with Microsoft Office tools is expected
- Strong, polished oral and written communications skills in English and German is a must
- You are our ideal candidate if you are great at performing tasks independently and at developing new ideas where you identify gaps
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
Do you have questions about the application? Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions.
If you have more questions please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time