At SIEMENS, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Change the world of tomorrow with us.
Become part of our factory team at the medium-voltage switches plant in Heber Springs (AR).
Together with various partners, you will help shape the move into the future by supportting the use of our IT infrastructure, designing and introducing new digitization solutions that will help to continue producing efficiently.
Outdoor products are essential components of medium-voltage distribution grids. SIEMENS' comprehensive outdoor portfolio of switching devices is designed for a wide variety of applications and climatic conditions. Type-tested reliability as well as long electrical life and mechanical robustness help to minimize operation costs while increasing resiliency of medium-voltage smart grids. Solutions for wildfire mitigation available on select products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and develop the factory network, and the digital tools (office and production), bringing your expertise and technical skills (data collection/acquisition, databases, Cloud, automation and robots interfaces…) and follow up with SIEMENS’ corporate IT & Digitalization programs.
- Drive change management and basic IT training of our employees (70 users) and the skills of our supervisors and managers in order to delegate simple IT tasks
- Local coordination for maintenance of our current IT systems (servers, network, computers, phones, Siemens software’s…) and processes with HQ/Enterprise IT service organizations.”
Job Requirements: • Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS) • Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- As a project manager, you are responsible for the introduction of new or adapted solutions (network, hardware and software) and, if necessary, support a corresponding team with internal and external partners.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow the responsibilities of the role based on greater understanding of our business.
- Nature of duties and responsibilities are primarily on-site to validate virtual actions in SAP, support the Information Technology manufacturing improvements, and collaborate with other on-site colleagues.
- Experience with using programming to drive efficiency in projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and sound knowledge on principles, technologies and theories; certifications in specific fields might be required.
- Vocationally trained and experienced (semi-) professional positions with extensive knowledge of a range of specific processes and systems could be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Similarly, 2-years professional experience with basic knowledge in a technical field could be a substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree 2-4 years of experience with the manufacturing value-chain, to include fabrication [and be able to relate this concept to virtual processes within SAP].
- Experience with Project Management.
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of Office 365 Applications with a high-level of proficiency in Excel
- Computer building, population, and setup
- IoT troubleshooting/debugging/maintenance
- MES (e.g. plant connectivity, integration fleet management or data integration with other systems)
- ERP, preferably SAP (PP, MM or WM) and Salesforce.
- Affinity for digital applications and an agile mindset are among your basic virtues
- Programming knowledge in an object-oriented programming language is desirable
- Possess the maturity, communication skills, and business acumen to represent the plant (and business unit) during routine meetings with internal Siemens’ technology/ERP colleagues.
- You have good integration skills in a team
- Very good analytical skills and the ability to think logically are your particular strengths
- You are characterized by independent, structured work, a high level of initiative and assertiveness
- Very good written and spoken English skills as well as negotiation skills and intercultural experience complete your profile
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow the responsibilities of the role based on greater understanding of our business
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
At SIEMENS, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for professional growth & development and our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
• Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
• Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
• Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
• Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
• Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here?
If so, we would like to meet you!
Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the SIEMENS family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.