PreSales Solutions Consultant/Technical Account Manager – Houston, TX (Hybrid role, 3+ days a week in office on client site)
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Position Overview - Technical Account Manager
•Engage with customer to gather business and technical requirements, determine business needs and architect appropriate solutions within all Siemens Digital Industries software portfolios
•Critical lead in the development and execution of winning sales strategies aligned to Campaigns and Digital Threads to land new software opportunities, and expand the overall Siemens portfolio within the customer’s technology stack
•Utilizing advanced knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes, industry best practices and competitive differentiation to lead pursuit teams that will prepare and deliver compelling customer experiences in support of selling efforts.
•Guide and advise the customer to foster successful technology adoption and expansion
•Critical contributor within Siemens Digital Industries software sales process
• This candidate will be responsible to establish a trusted advisor and technical consultant relationship with clients and Siemens sales orchestrators
• Oversee and guide the client in the selection of appropriate solutions and suites of technology
• Gather and advise the customer in the definition of high level business and technical requirements
• Provide guidance on the technical capabilities and business value of their current and proposed Siemens solution portfolio
• Drive a disciplined technical strategy within a prescriptive solution framework throughout the sales engagement
• Orchestrate the development and delivery of presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, and responses to requests for information/proposals
• Regular interaction with executives to become a trusted advisor
• Develop a strong high-level knowledge of all Siemens Digital Industries software portfolios
• Manage customer technical queries and coordinate the resources that respond
• Support account managers and pre-sales resources in defining and executing on sales opportunities
• Contribute to internal account and opportunity planning and business reviews
• Protect a recurring revenue stream by driving successful solution adoption and managing future technology roadmaps
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
*Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Excellent verbal group presentation and written communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills that positively influence teams with a common understanding of what success looks like
• 5+ years of Product Lifecycle Management software experience
• 5+ years of experience working in the oil and Gas industry
• 2+ years of expertise in digital enterprise space
• BS/BA in an engineering or manufacturing-related discipline
• Self-starter, motivated and able to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
• Experience leading and managing teams of technical and business consultants from within, and outside of their formal organization
• Must be able to be onsite at least 3+ days a week at large Oil & Gas client-corporation
Where permitted by law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reason.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.