Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honour our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join us as a MR Scientist within the Siemens Healthineers ANZ MR Scientific Team on a 2-year fixed term contract. You will be based in Melbourne and will be responsible for assisting and supporting collaboration and research activities of one of our key customers: the Florey Institute of Neuroscience & Mental Health (Heidelberg Campus). You will be responsible for designing and driving MR research projects, and for providing consultation as well as advanced scientific support to our collaborators.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to work on the interface between basic scientists, clinical researchers and Siemens Healthineers – as the industry leader for advancing imaging technology. Working in this position will require scientific and clinical knowledge as well as a very good understanding of current and emerging healthcare techniques and technologies. An MR Scientist will help in collaboratively identifying research projects, which might be of mutual interest to the clinical partners and Siemens Healthineers.
This position will also involve supporting and initiating additional academic collaborations with other national or international Siemens Healthineers partners. Clinical input or direct contribution to research projects and publications will be possible and is subject to the individually defined research projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
Working closely with clinicians and researchers at our major collaboration partners in order to create outcomes that show the scientific and clinical value of Siemens Healthineers MR systems and help our customers achieve their research goals and objectives.
The job will include:
· Research, design, specification, and implementation of pre-product MR applications including pulse sequences, advanced reconstruction methodology or post processing within the Siemens Healthineers proprietary platforms
· Design of feasibility studies together with our research partners
· Advance the state-of-the-art, including presentation and promotion of results at academic conferences
· Support of collaborative projects within the Siemens Healthineers collaboration framework
· Interaction and communication with scientific and industrial partners to bridge and understand clinical needs and to deliver solutions
· Planning, scheduling and execution of assignments within project timelines
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Siemens Healthineers Australia and New Zealand
Your qualifications and experience:
Our candidates will be expected to have a:
- PhD in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Neuroscience
- Experience in leading scientific projects in both research and clinical environments from idea to conclusion
- Experience optimizing imaging sequences & implementing automated quality control techniques using phantoms and human volunteers
- Strong object-oriented programming experience, specifically in C++
- Proven track record of publishing and presenting scientific results and methodology
- Broad knowledge of MR Physics, sequence protocols and their clinical applications
An ideal Candidate will have:
- Specialist knowledge in the application of MR in Clinical Neuroscience
- Frontier programming, or other open-source reconstruction frameworks (e.g. Gadgetron)
- Experience in the establishment of multi-center trials and the installation and maintenance of WIPs/C2Ps
- Experience with in-scanner equipment such as eye trackers, prospective and retrospective motion correction systems, EEG and video screens and high intensity focused ultrasound would be an advantage.
Your attributes and skills:
Candidates will need:
- strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and collaborate with different teams and research groups in a fast-paced environment;
- experience in international and intercultural environments is highly desirable;
- to be a self-driven independent learner; and,
- have efficient skills in project and documentation management.
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at Siemens Healthineers career page
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time