Siemens Mobility inspires the world to move forward more intelligently and sustainably. We’re engineering AI driven, IoT empowered transportation, giving people more freedom and the planet a greener future. And, we’re inspiring the world of work to be more progressive – leading by example in how we support our colleagues in innovating, learning and living.
At Siemens, we’ve introduced the #newnormal where we’re encouraged to work flexibly. It’s all yours to decide what you’re going to achieve, where and how – unlocking your full potential with our unconditional support. Because, as our colleagues will tell you, if there’s anything Siemens is as forward-thinking about as technology, it’s your wellbeing. It’s being agile, understanding you and giving you all you need to thrive.
This is a key position within the Strategy and Business Development team at Siemens Mobility Limited Rail Infrastructure.
Reporting directly to the Regional Head of Business Development for RI, we will be working closely and collaboratively together across all of our Business Units and fields across RI and the wider operations business. This is an exciting role ensuring successful delivery of account management and business generation from new and existing markets and playing a huge role in providing a safer, more flexible and higher performing railway in the UK.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will have regional responsibility for key customer Rail Infrastructure accounts.
- Developing and handling effective customer relationship management plans, ensuring key strategic messages are delivered to customers and partners.
- Providing credible and authentic relationships with senior customers and partners from the earliest stages of business development, through proposal generation and contract award.
- Growing overall customer satisfaction as well as revenues from key accounts.
- Defining and creating innovative and compelling opportunity capture plans, positioning the RI to secure new business!
- Identifying new business offerings and routes to market for account regions.
- Key contribution to the continuous development of the RI Strategic Plan!
- Market & competitor analysis activities across their regions within the business.
- Ensuring customer requirements are collated and communicated effectively with justifiable business cases into new technology developments within R&D.
- Establish strategic partnerships with various internal and external partners, consultants and complementary organisations to secure target business growth
- Contribute to the sales and marketing effort including attendance and speaking at seminars, conferences and other events.
- Production and delivery of presentations (internal and external) up to board level
- Ensuring the transfer of knowledge from the business development teams to the Delivery teams, post contract award.
- Lead implementation of improvements in company processes and standards in relation to Business Development.
How we will measure success?
We will consider individual and company order intake to achieve our company and wider Siemens objectives.
Our customer satisfaction ratings will reflect excellent relationships and successful delivery of our programmes of works.
Our strategic sales plans will be reviewed on a regular basis to consider validity, chances of success and fit with our wider strategic plan.
We will consider the general accuracy of our pipeline regionally to ensure that we have confidence, as a business, in our work winning activities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- We would like the person to have demonstrable high value sales experience in a technology or project delivery business in the rail environment (excess of £10m p.a.).
- You will need a passion for and commitment to understanding the UK rail market, its customers and stakeholders.
- We require someone who possesses a good understanding of the way in which railway infrastructure projects are bid, contracted and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the win strategy.
- Successful track record in value/benefit and solution-based selling and business development.
- This will absolutely need a customer focused value set and may come with a an existing strong network within the rail industry including Network Rail.
- We need highly driven, self-motivated and agile people to match an equally complex customer landscape.
- We are results focused, determined and resilient.
- You will have demonstrable and proven influencing skills.
- Ideally you will have some experience in railway infrastructure projects and how they are financed.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time