We are a passionate and innovative-driven organization aiming to enable the leading Open Industrial Ecosystem based on Industrial Edge - a new age infrastructure system to enable modern IT technologies in manufacturing. Organizationally placed inside the Digital Factory – Factory Automation Business Unit, the team builds-up and orchestrates an ecosystem of internal and external application, device and solution partners based on FA’s Industrial Edge Platform and Marketplace.
What part will you play?
- In your new challenging role, you will define the architecture vision of our ecosystem with Siemens internal and external apps and devices running on our Industrial Edge Platform
- In alignment with our Ecosystem Managers discuss, define and decide on the best feasible implementation approach for integrating new technology and features relevant to 3rd parties into the Ecosystem platforms
- Form, discuss and align Ecosystem architecture proposals (e.g., on the interoperability of apps and devices) in the architecture round and with architects responsible for different platforms and components
- Actively align the architecture of different products and platforms in our Ecosystems, e.g., the Industrial Edge Platform, the Industrial Edge Marketplace in order to ensure a scalable Ecosystem
- Run architecture discussions with potential and existing Ecosystem partners to ensure our Ecosystem governance and platform control points
- Validate and test the proper architecture implementation of 3rd party offerings on our Ecosystem platforms
- Enable new software development if required to achieve fully functional 3rd party offerings (apps and devices) on our Ecosystem platforms
- You have a technical degree, such as Information Technology, Business Computing, Software Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
- You have some years of experience as Software Architect in an agile environment (Scrum, SAFe) focusing on software design and development
- You know your way around in OT/ IT integration especially in edge and cloud computing with technologies such as Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- Creating applications in container technologies and other virtualization technology is big plus
- Knowledge of platform-based ecosystem and architectures is a plus
- You are characterized by a high level of communication skills and social competence
- You are self-driven, analytical minded, pragmatic and solution oriented being able to drive topics from vision to implementation
- You are fluent in English – German is a plus
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Either