System Engineer – Bogie Integration
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- responsible for all the Locomotive Bogie functions such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, propulsion, brakes or any other system mounted on Bogies along with physical integration to carbody.
- Act as a key interface for Locomotive Bogie in India & HQ team in Europe & Reports to Carbody function Team leader in India.
- Ensure an efficient interface & alignment with internal / External stakeholders such as Other Engineering functions, Procurement, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Project management, suppliers & subcontractors for assigned project / Tender.
- Analysis and evaluation of the customer specifications, standards and regulations.
- Writing of technical requirement documents and functional analyses and contractual technical documents.
- Defining of the system concept and write technical descriptions.
- Defining, managing and follow-up of all system interfaces.
- Defining budget and planning.
- Estimating technical risks and defining mitigation plans.
- Evaluating technical offers from suppliers (Clause-by-clause reply).
- Preparing and leading design reviews with other departments, HQ and with the customer.
- Supporting Bogie Project Engineer on all Design reviews.
- Follow-up of engineering planning and anticipating on potential delay in relation with interfaces
- Reviewing of supplier deliverables / documents (CDR) related to interfaces.
- Support for Localization & FAI of Bogie and its sub-systems.
- Preparing and follow-up of the Bogie/Carbody integration Test Program Plan and/or Bogie alone.
- Verifying the test procedures proposed by supplier or HQ.
- Attending to type tests on bogie/carbody integration (and/or bogie alone)
- Supervising and coordinating type tests on bogie/carbody integration
- Validating test results and write test reports.
- Analysing problems, creation and implementation of corrective actions
- Supporting/verifying Maintenance and Operating Manuals
- Analyzing faults and problems (functional, safety, reliability)
- Creating and implementing corrective actions and validate the solutions
- Responsible for all bogie related Engineering changes in documentation.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Mechanical Engineer with 8+ years’ experience in Bogie – Design, Development and validation preferably in Locomotives. Metro or Trainset experience can also be considered.
- Knowhow and use Creo, PDM link & SAP will be added advantage.
- Has already worked (preferably) with Train builders.
- Able to demonstrate management of engineering teams.
- Being agile, ability to prioritize and to work effectively under pressure to meet the deadline.
- Able to work in an international & multicultural environment within a matrix organization structure.
- Good written and spoken communication skills (in English).
- Ready to travel locally and internationally as in when required by projects.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bengaluru. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time