*This position is available 100% remotely
Siemens Digital Connectivity and Power (DCP) Business Segment is searching for dynamic professionals to join our organization. Digital transformation and IIoT are driving the need for a more connected industrial manufacturing landscape. Siemens is leading the charge in industrial OT networking and digitalization. A major part of our business development strategy is working with partners that can develop and promote unique solutions to address this growing market need.
As a Partner Manager / Developer, you will be responsible for developing new partners as well as growing existing partners in the areas of OT cybersecurity or Real-Time Locating Systems (RTLS). Our partners include system integrators, distributors, value added resellers, or even internal Siemens entities. The primary responsibility of the Partner Business Developer is to expand and refine the partner ecosystem to drive revenue for the DCP products and services business.
The Partner Business Developer will leverage technical knowledge of the Siemens networking and locating products to identify, pursue, and develop partners that can support opportunities where digitalization and cybersecurity are leading drivers. The role will work closely with the Market Development, Technical, and Sales teams that cover the US industrial market for Siemens.
The position can be based in any major US city and will report to the End User Market Development team within DCP.
Outward focused, customer-oriented and self-motivated business developer driven to:
- Focus on identifying, vetting, recruiting, and nurturing qualified and capable partners that are focused on business growth and project execution, especially large IT/OT collaboration projects with a high potential to incorporate OT networking, cybersecurity, or RTLS product content from Siemens
- Develop & drive partnering strategies to effectively deliver solutions to the US market
- Launch partner marketing programs in conjunction with the Sales, Product Marketing, and Market Development teams
- Build partner solution selling proficiency by facilitating ‘knowledge transfer’ to new and existing partners, covering both technical and sales value propositions
- Promote the capabilities and services of partners to Industrial Sales by encouraging early engagement, improving hit-rate, increasing probability of success, and driving revenue
- Support the Partner Sales organization in development of annual business plans and participate in periodic review to monitor and track progress
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Sales or technical experience and basic working knowledge of industrial automation products, solution sets and affiliated network architectures.
- 8+ years of overall related professional experience.
- Understanding of OT networking and identification systems as well as OT cybersecurity concepts.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset.
- Education: BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Anticipated travel: 40-50%
-Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of typical partner business models (industrial distributors, systems integrators, and VARs)
- Ability to quickly build trust via championing and advocating.
- Experience and background with IIoT / Digital Transformation / Industrie 4.0
- Familiarity with commonly sold competitive industrial communication, networking, and RTLS product lines in the US industrial markets.
- Past experience in a technology sales role selling to industrial customers
- 5+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Experience working at a systems integrator, end-user manufacturing facility, or digitalization software company.
- IT/OT network certifications, cybersecurity certifications or equivalent
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.