Project Coordinator – Smart Buildings
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position provides support for Project Managers and Operations Managers during the execution phase of projects by coordinating with other departments and business functions as necessary. The goal of this position is to enable Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution, while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. Project Coordinators also act as the hub on all projects, ensuring projects move smoothly through all project milestones. Project coordinators will proactively track project tasks and milestone requirements to identify bottlenecks or delinquent activities and propose actions that are required to keep projects on schedule and within financial limits.
- Maintain and properly file project documentation.
- Attend Monthly Project Controlling meetings
- Schedule project turnover meetings.
- Follow up with planning office to determine status of permits.
- Submit purchase requests for subcontractor labor and coordinate subcontractor paperwork.
- Coordinate Certified Payroll documentation, OCIP/CCIP requests when required
- Submit purchase requests for graphics and programming.
- Support the Project Manager in obtaining existing database and software files.
- Monitor project costs daily and inform the Project Manager if the actual cost exceeds the plan cost.
- Track timesheets and inform the Operations Manager of missing timesheets.
- Assist PM with Billing tasks, AIAs, customer specific documentation, waivers, etc.
- Notarize billing documents when required by the customer.
- Enter plan cost adjustments in SAP.
- Prior to project closeout, verify that all closeout checklist items have been completed.
- Collaboration with other teams relating to material, collections, accounts payables, etc
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand contract documentation
- Familiarity or experience with HVAC/Fire Alarm/Security systems preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and business software systems (e.g., SAP)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.