Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Siemens Canada Limited is seeking a highly motivated Contracts Manager to join its Legal and Compliance Department and provide a broad range of commercial contract management functions in support of our product, services, and solutions businesses throughout Canada. We are seeking a bilingual (English/French) individual with at least five (5) years of combined contract and claims management experience. Excellent organizational, communication, and coordination skills are key to this role, as well as the flexibility to adjust and thrive in a dynamic environment.
This position will be based in Oakville, Ontario or Montreal, Quebec and will report to the Senior Counsel and Commercial Practice Head for Canada. This position includes the ability to work remotely 2-3 days per week. If located in Montreal, Quebec, occasional travel to headquarters in Oakville, Ontario may be required.
The Contracts Manager’s responsibilities include the following:
- Analyze, draft, modify, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including bid documents, sales contracts, supplier agreements, amendments, non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, memorandum of understandings and change and claim management documents.
- Serve as a key stakeholder during the bid and negotiation phase through analyzing commercial risks and providing timely responses to assist with the bid management teams with pre-contract negotiations. These responsibilities include identifying risks, collaborating with management and internal teams to determine the evaluation of those risks and mitigation strategies.
- Serve a key resource to the project management team during the project execution phase when it comes to the contractual terms and conditions, identifying and mitigating risks, and claims management.
- Support various internal approval processes related to commercial bids/contracts and ensure adherence to internal standards and compliance with external regulations.
- Cooperate across departments and regions to achieve optimal contract terms while minimizing risk.
- Support implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract management.
- Support our Legal and Compliance Department on various matters and topics, including organizing and maintaining knowledge management resources and assisting with the development and execution of training programs.
What will you need to succeed?
- University or college degree, paralegal license/certificate, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Ability to provide bilingual (English/French) support required.
- Minimum five (5) years of combined experience in contract and claims management, with broad knowledge of contractual and legal concepts involved in commercial contracts.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Polished and effective negotiation, communication, and writing/drafting skills.
- Proven ability to initiate appropriate actions and follow-up actions with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated desire and ability to quickly learn and understand new contractual and legal topics.
- Skilled in working collaboratively as a key player on multiple teams simultaneously.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.