System Engineer – Cab Integration
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Defining Cab design considering weight, gauge, installation strategy, acoustics, ergonomics, aerodynamics etc.
- Aligning requirements and mechanical interfaces of equipment (Allocated volume, weight, location, etc.) with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate standard engineering practices (example: material selection, Tolerance stack up, Location strategy, perceived quality, knowledge of manufacturing, serviceability, assembly, LCC, testability, DFMEA) during design reviews.
- Organize Design reviews with cross-functional teams as per project/Tender milestones and get necessary approvals for design release.
- Prepare, follow-up and Verification test procedures proposed by supplier or HQ.
- Estimating technical risks and defining mitigation plans.
- Evaluating technical offers from suppliers (Clause-by-clause reply).
- Follow-up of engineering planning and anticipating on potential delay in relation with interfaces
- Support for Localization & FAI of major equipments and its sub-systems.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Mechanical Engineer with 5-8 years’ experience in Drivers Cab Rolling stock industry; specifically in Locomotives, Metro, Trainset.
- Knowhow and use Creo, PDM link & SAP will be added advantage.
- Has already worked (preferably) with Train builders.
- Able to demonstrate management of engineering teams when applicable.
- Being agile, ability to prioritize and to work effectively under pressure to meet the deadline.
- Able to work in an international & multicultural environment within a matrix organization structure.
- Good written and spoken communication skills (in English).
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bengaluru. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time