Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
As Engineer/Senior Engineer ATC in CBTC Projects you will be responsible for:
Responsibility for the technical deployment of mass transit roll-outs of Engineering activities in ATC for CBTC Systems as part of large-scale railway infrastructure projects. Ensuring economic success and (internal) customer satisfaction for ATC domain in CBTC application projects.
Carrying the responsibility for the application scope primarily for technical topics but keeping in mind the commercial impact of selecting a solution. Representation along with Subsystem Manger ATC of the application scope within the project towards the PM and customer, whilst reporting to the line management (group lead).
Application planning, controlling and reporting:
For ATC scope in CBTC projects determination of the comprehensive project objectives from the Contract, Project Management and provided documents. Preparation of the required project documents. Ensuring compliance with defined procedures/processes for project controlling and reporting.
Coordination of the complex application implementation with international partners. Ensuring that the application goals defined with the technical management, project management and all project participants are achieved.
Exploration of further business opportunities:
Identification and exploitation of additional business opportunities during project implementation, e.g. identifying Change Requests or extending the scope towards generic application work packages.
Technical coordination of the CBTC Application team including coordination with the organizational units involved. Your assignment involve:
- Design, Interface, and Engineering Input clarification with customer and rolling stock supplier
- Interfacing/Clarification with overall Subsystem Manager ATC and System Manager for Engineering and independent safety assessor
- Scope clarification, Design/Engineering planning.
- Evaluation of customer, rolling stock and internal requirements towards establishing suitable project specific solution and requirements engineering/compliance and traceability matrix.
- Have performed hands on design engineering activities for Hardware & Software engineering for wayside and onboard ATC CBTC subsystem and system engineering toward evaluation of operational scenarios, requirements, and interfaces.
- Detailed knowhow on onboard CBTC ATC interface with rolling stock including mounting information for components like Cabinets, Antenna and Speed sensors
- Preparation of detailed design documentation and Safety Application Rules (SAR) evidence report
- Support testing all aspects of the product/system like function/component, system, performance, regression, and service
- Work with development team to identify and capture test cases, ensure version management
- Setting up of test environments, developing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing these cases.
- Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to concerned people.
- Handling troubleshooting of failures and provide report of each failures
- Understanding of other subsystem like Interlocking, ATS, Communication and Diagnostic Systems
- Knowledge on Test Management and Validation
- Supporting installation and tests activities/teams onsite
- Knowledge of Projects Support functions (RM/DM/CM) and Quality Management
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Degree in electrical/electronic engineering or systems engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
· Professional experience of minimum 5 years in railway transportation systems (Metro / Mass Transit) with the focus on (System) Engineering Design in ATC subsystem for CBTC domain
· Performed hands on design engineering activities for Hardware & Software engineering for wayside and onboard ATC CBTC subsystem besides evaluation of operational scenarios, requirements, and interfaces. Detailed knowledge of CBTC systems
· Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and Project executions covering activities like customer interfacing, scope clarification, Design/Engineering planning and resource allocation
· Fluent English essential both written and oral, knowledge of German/Spanish is an asset
· Independent and structured approach to work
· Team coordination, leadership, and mediation skills between different locations.
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time