Siemens Digital Industries Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Spring 2023 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research & design innovation. More information on our specific roles are included in this document.
• Currently enrolled as a University of Cincinnati undergraduate student
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Authorized to work in the United State without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
• Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
• Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
• Paid volunteer time off
• Employee discounts at our top customer sites
• Networking with our global leaders
• Mentorship from senior engineers
• Individual career development planning
• Professional and technical workshops
• Energetic student community
• Leadership opportunities
• Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Engineering Consulting Services
Enterprise Transformation Services (ETS)
Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is an organization within Siemens responsible for creating custom tools for Siemens Software’s Sales, Pre-Sales, and Consulting Specialists. The multi-national ETS team creates production tools for these teams to create meaningful solution documentation and supporting materials that in turn are used by implementation teams for services personnel to design, implement, and test complex software implementations and integrations around the globe. These tools are developed using the latest software programming tools used by nearly every software developer worldwide.
In ECS you will play a key role in developing solutions from conception to production. In ECS you will proactively:
• Develop start-from-scratch Java tools to aid Siemens Software implementation engineers worldwide
• Discover all aspects of software architecture, design, and development
• Studying for a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• Strong coding skills in Object-Oriented programming (AngularJS Preferred)
• Passionate about participating in a collaborative, mentorship program
• Proactive leader with strong work ethic
• Sharp and tenacious trouble shooting skills
• Exceptional analytical, investigative, and communication skills
• Dependable and detail-oriented
• Effective working in a team
• Commanding grasp of Microsoft office
Sales and Services
Americas Services – Internal Training
As part of the Professional Services Internal Training team, you will collaborate with Consultants, Product Architects, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Industry Experts, Orchestrators, Sales managers and Product Development teams to ensure our employees have access to the training support they need to be successful in their roles.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Partnering with the Services team to capture and develop content for Americas Services Consultants, PreSales and Sales Delivery Orchestrators
• Support data gathering requirements to develop customer, employee and process biographies
• Build interactive orchestration model website to support companywide training
• Develop data gathering tools to support the ongoing day to day maintenance of new hire and existing employee biography update
• Support Zone wide training event efforts including registration, logistics and documentation for the Americas Consulting Conference
• Engage and consult with new acquisition management to establish existing training content and identify training needs
• Support logistics and requirements for ongoing internal training programs such as Genesis, SAPL and Advantage
• Collaborate within a team to estimate, plan and schedule deliverables and tasks
• Currently enrolled as a University of Cincinnati undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Comfortable with using web based development tools such as Sharepoint or PHP with a webserver such as Apache or JBoss
• Good communication skills and ability to provide status updates on a regular basis
• A self-starter with strong communication skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.