eMobility Technical Expert (m/f/d)
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient! We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support balanced development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to build intelligent solutions and magnificent places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Region Europe, with around 7’400 colleagues, is responsible for the solution and service business and is market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further. Change the future with us!
What role will you play?
Electromobility is one of the growth markets with significant influence on the mobility but also the energy market. As a major player in the energy market, Siemens intends to take a leading position in this growth market. Within our team you have the opportunity to work in a start-up-like environment and to take ownership in flat hierarchies. On the other hand, you benefit from the support of a large corporation when it comes to actually implementing your own ideas.
In your role as Vehicle Integration Expert, you are responsible to support global acting field service colleagues by analyzing charging events and supporting vehicle integration process.
- As an electromobility expert, you are part of the Product Support Team at the Siemens eMobility headquarters in Portugal;
- As a technical expert, you support international projects in various areas of the eMobility charging infrastructure and thus help Siemens to succeed in expanding its business area;
- You will work with internal and external stakeholders during the various project phases and contribute to the success of the project with your work;
- You can also take over a sub-project management;
- You initiate process optimizations and actively promote the transfer of knowledge in the team as well as in the overall organization;
- You like to face varied tasks and want to develop together with the organization.
We are looking for:
- Degree in electrical engineering (energy electronics, specialized in operating technology/plant engineering);
- You have professional experience in the electrical system sector or similar;
- Practical experience in the installation and commissioning of electrical systems is an additional plus;
- Ideally, you have already gained experience in the field of eMobility;
- Qualification as an electrical specialist give you an advantage;
- IEC 61851 and ISO15118 standards knowledge as an advantage;
- Previous experience with EV Chargers as an advantage;
- Linux previous experience;
- Strong documentation and writing skills;
- Have already worked in service and have already planned and carried out assignments;
- Knowledge of the functions and the design of frequency inverters and are familiar with the use of oscilloscopes;
- Familiar with software applications for remote equipment analysis would be an advantage;
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written (German is an additional Plus);
- High degree of flexibility and can be deployed internationally at short notice, as your position requires travel at home and abroad worldwide (> 25%);
- In addition, you also have a driver license.
What we have to offer:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time