IT Americas Application Innovation Internship
Siemens IT Americas supports all IT-related functional and business activities throughout North and South America as well as global Siemens programs and initiatives. The organization is made up of local, regional, and global units that collaborate as OneIT to deliver innovative, world-class IT solutions to our business.
Siemens IT Americas is seeking qualified candidates to support Siemens SAP/ERP and local application innovations for the Americas regional business.
Candidates will work with various teams across North & South America, Europe, and Asia and support IT projects and initiatives. Interns may be required to work in an agile environment or agile team.
Candidates with a technical understanding or IT management/computer science/computer engineering concentration are preferred but not required. Coding experience is also not required. SAP experience/knowledge or additional language skills are not required.
Required Knowledge / Skills and Education:
- Good understanding of IT Technologies,
- Ability to work effectively with multinational and diverse group
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of concurrent activities
- Self-Starter with good time management skills.
- Experience in creating procedures, standards and/or practices.
- Ability to share some examples of critical thinking used to maintain a big picture of the topics under discussion or for issue resolution of high-impact, complex issues.
- Exposure to business process analysis and design is a plus
- Ability to speak German, Spanish, or Portuguese is an asset.
Internship Start Date: Summer 2023
- Overall Cumulative GPA: 3.0 preferred, but may consider 2.5 and above
- Education: Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS, Masters or MBA student
- Majors: Management of Information Systems or Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, MBA or MS Information Technology
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from May to August.
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.