Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position conducts facility site visits, analyzes the customer’s current situation, and produces plans for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). This position also assists sales and operations in the development, procurement, and execution of performance contracts.
- Participation in pre-sale activities, working closely with Sales to identify and technically qualify customer opportunities for energy efficiency.
- Participation and at times lead client meetings and presentations. Responsible for performing all necessary energy and design calculations needed to adequately propose facility improvement measure (FIM) recommendations.
- Develop design concepts and schematics concerning recommended FIMs, including scope of work descriptions, sequences of operations, code deficiency evaluations, savings potential, cost estimates, and data to verify FIMs.
- Perform industry-standard (ASHRE or equivalent) energy audits. This will require working independently to develop action plans prior to executing energy audits, properly organizing information gathered, and identification of all FIM recommendations.
- Work with Siemens operations teams and outside vendors as it pertains to developing FIMs.
- Analyze blueprints and perform site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Apply building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software.
- Perform energy calculations (such as weather-based BIN calculations).
- Assist and at times lead existing building commissioning projects.
- Understanding of industry-standard commissioning procedures or techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls Engineering or other related field
- 2+ years of experience in energy efficiency engineering within buildings
- Understanding of HVAC design fundamentals
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification and/or state certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to legally work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan and have a valid driver's with minimal violations
- Required travel: 25%
- State Licensed Professional Engineering or Engineer in Training Certification
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification
- Understanding of State and Utility incentive programs
- 2+ years of Mechanical HVAC design experience
- Familiarity with State Energy Codes and/or ASHRAE 90.1
- Familiarity with MS Excel and VBA programming basics
- Experience with controls fundamentals
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.