Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries. The Siemens Business Unit Motion Control (DI MC) is one of the world’s leading suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and service on the motion control market. It has around 20,000 employees and with factories, R&D and service sites worldwide we are close to our customer and at home in a huge range of industries.
As Head of SNC Strategic Procurement (HSP), you will collaborate with cross-function, lead the Strategic Procurement Department to well manage the whole related spending with the responsibilities covering early involvement, procurement strategy, supplier management, sourcing/ negotiation / contracting, procurement risk management as well as procurement governance to support business sustainable growth and safeguarding of a market-leading SCM performance position at competitive costs derived from Business Unit/Operating Company’s business requirements in order to generate an optimized contribution to business performance, and to ensure compliant in line with Siemens procurement principles and guidelines.
What are my responsibilities?
The HSP has the responsibilities for all strategic procurement (SP) functions within SNC:
- Develop procurement strategy according to SNC business plan and target by positioning SNC demand in SCM pooling Organization and relevant markets (e.g. core, non-core, make or buy, localization, innovation, digitalization, cost value engineering, sustainability ); Develop initiatives and performance programs for area of responsibility; Ensure alignment of (detail) Commodity strategies, footprint and supply chain resilience strategies towards the superior strategy levels. Contribute to Supply Chain footprint and drive GVS initiatives.
- Implement procurement KPI targets, continuously execute and monitor the performance, and manage purchasing activities to provide efficient support to related business sustainable growth and competitiveness.
- Lead SNC Strategic Procurement team and collaborate with cross-functions to perform 3rd-party supplier selection, qualification, evaluation and continue develop the suppliers to ensure Siemens related supplier management requirements are fulfilled and bring supplier to the next level to support Siemens requirements.
- Ensure compliant sourcing decision process are conducted by Strategic Procurement Team and cross-functions according to Siemens sourcing process guidelines and regulations with full evaluation and judgement transparency and best in class processes.
- Close collaboration with MC Procurement, DI Procurement Headquarter / China; SCM China Team to best utilize the synergies, know how exchange, scale up of innovations and pooling opportunities.
- People management including development, planning, and leadership programs to ensure long-term success through highly motivated and qualified employees in diverse teams.
- Continuously drive procurement optimization with productivity and process improvement orientations.
- Consistently drive compliance awareness from procurement perspective, ensure business purchasing activities are executed within Siemens compliance framework and risk management requirements to ensure an ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) secured supply chain including tier n transparency.
- Continuously drive SCM sustainability implementation, including governance and decarbonization in both product and SCM.
- Plan and control Strategic Procurement department cost center with continues improvement of productivity.
- Ensure that procurement relevant governance topics including procurement guideline, policy, process, methods and tools, digitalization are well installed and implemented in SNC for all related business and services.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree and above.
- Professional strategic procurement experience and supply chain background.
- Leadership experience of people management with intercultural teams.
- Familiar with Source-to-Contract and Purchase-to-Pay process.
- Familiar with Contract Law, Trade Terms with good negotiation skills.
- Good communication and networking skills.
- Proficient English skills in oral and written.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Digital Industries – Motion Control.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Numerical Control Ltd., Nanjing
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time