We are a passionate and innovative-driven organization aiming to enable the leading Open Industrial Ecosystem based on Industrial Edge - a new age infrastructure system to enable modern IT technologies in manufacturing. Our team is part of Siemens Digital Industries – Factory Automation and has the mission of orchestrating an ecosystem of customers, app developers, device builders and solution partners. For these ecosystem participants we are building a platform to test the security, performance and functionality of apps and devices in our Ecosystem leveraging internal and external test infrastructure and tools.
What part will you play?
As the “Head of App & Device Test Ecosystem (f/m/d)” you own the ramp up a platform-based ecosystem matching the needs of consumers for testing of apps and devices on security, quality, performance and interoperability and turn this into a self-sustaining business.
- Develop the overall Ecosystem Vision and Strategy, its Governance and Business Model
- Lead discussions with potential consumers and producers in the Ecosystem and decide on the core value(s) created in interactions in the newly developed Ecosystem
- Align the Test Ecosystem Vision, Strategy and Governance with further ecosystems within Siemens especially with the Industrial Edge Ecosystem and its Ecosystem Managers
- Discuss and guide your product management and R&D teams in defining the product vision and the sequential product ramp-up focusing on delivering value to producers and consumers from Day1
- Develop and own the business plan for the App and Device Test Ecosystem and plan accordingly budgets and resources
- Create a start-up culture and empower your team members to live up to their potential
- Define organization principles for agile and successful software development
- You have a technical degree, such as Information Technology, Business Computing or Software Engineering
- You know your way around in OT and IT especially in edge and cloud computing
- You have several years of experience in building up a software business and/ or an organization from scratch
- You have a deep understanding of the manufacturing industry, customer and market needs and vendors offerings especially in the area of software development and testing
- You have led multi-national teams in past and target setting, maintain focus and decision-making is a natural trait
- You are characterized by a high level of communication skills and social competence
- You are self-driven, analytical minded, pragmatic and solution oriented being able to drive topics from vision to implementation
- You are fluent in English – German is a plus
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either