Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Transit System Testing and Commissioning Engineer position for Siemens Mobility to join our Project Team in Saudi.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Overall responsibility / Mission
Member of the overall Transit System Testing & Commissioning team, the Transit System Testing and Commissioning Engineer will:
- Write test and Commissioning procedures to be executed by Transit System team
- Ensure and demonstrate full coverage of specification by test procedures
- Review and comment testing document produced by sub-systems.
- Coordinate and execute on-site tests
- Interface with and support Engineering team for quick anomaly resolution
- · Ensure additional task required by the Transit System Test and Commissioning Manager
Objectives / main activities
- The creation of Test and Commissioning procedures
- Troubleshooting complex anomalies
- The execution and coordination of such tests with subsystems
- Support the Set up the T&C program, the progress and the associated reporting
- Contribute to make sure that the adequate priorities of the testing activity is maintain
- The co-ordination of necessary means for the realisation of the system tests, being understood that each Segment or Partner provides the staff entitled to intervene on his own software / hardware
- Contribute to the follow-up of the NCR as from the factory tests of each Segment or Partner until the resolution of all the malfunctions
- Contribute to the follow-up of the configuration in the system test phase on site and / or on test track. Relation with customers and other contractors, under the authority of the Project Director, for all the aspects concerning the test systems on site and / or on test tracks
- Make sure that EHS targets are maintain to a very high standard, especially during energization and dynamic testing.
Knowledge / Qualification
- Electrical or mechanical engineering education or experience.
- 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in the Railway
- Broad Knowledge of railway systems, operating requirements, available equipment, and systems.
- Broad knowledge of the technical management tools, calculation, and simulation methods.
- Capacity to work in Team, Critical Faculty, Analysis / Syntheses.
- Leadership, initiative and decision minded
- Team spirit approach and good communication skills
- English fluency
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Branch KSA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time