Position Title: Senior Commercial Project Manager
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Commercial Project Manager (CPM) / Project Controller is responsible for commercial aspects related to customer contracts—from the sales phase to execution, to project completion. Responsibilities encompass sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting, and reporting. The CPM will partner with Customers, Suppliers, Project Managers, Engineers, Sales, Procurement, Legal Finance colleagues, and internal and external Auditors
The role can be based out of Peachtree Corners, Georgia (Part of Greater Atlanta) or remote (must be self-starter)
The projects business with approximately $700 million in annual order intake is currently seeking a Senior Commercial Project Manager to join the business. The qualified candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and previous work experience greater than 5 years in Finance related fields. Good understanding of supply chain management with strong business acumen. The candidate must have good communication skills for collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and provide financial leadership in this role. The position reports to the Head of Commercial Project Management and is in Peachtree Corners, GA or Remote.
- Analyze and evaluate all commercial issues from project initiation (handover from sales) throughout the project execution phase and ensure the contractual obligations are met.
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling on projects
- Interface with external customers on project billing and contract or finance related issues
- Point of contact for all commercial and financial topics for the projects
- Monitor cash flow, revenue, and margin development, financial forecasting and reporting on projects
- Ensure project invoicing with proper supporting documents are performed timely and accurately
- Serve as point of contact for all commercial and financial topics including tax, guarantee/bond, and lien waivers
- Monthly forecast and project progress are monitored proactively
- Progress billing invoices are issued in line with cash flow projections
- Customer PO and subsequent change orders are reconciled to SAP Orders
- Conduct quarterly project review and discussion with EP Management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
2. Work experience more than 5 years with industry/business acumen
3. SAP (FI/CO, SD, Project modules), Microsoft Suite, Tableau and KNIME and various data analytical tools.
4. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
5. Self-driven and excellent problem-solving skills
6. Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
7. Knowledge, skills, or expertise preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Commercial Project Manager (CPM), Financial Analysis
8. Basic knowledge of commercial contract law
9. Working knowledge of Accounting and Controlling principles and procedures
10. Working knowledge of internal workflows and involvement of various departments
11. Amount of travel with this position: 5%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.