We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
In this position, you are responsible for the strategic procurement activities of several mechanical commodities in the plant Zug. Your focus will be on the efficient execution of daily work (ensure factory supply by supporting escalations and stakeholder coordination) and the implementation of commodity strategies (managing your supplier portfolio, driving sourcing decisions and generating levers for negotiations). Within the defined SCM-guidelines, you live and breathe ownership by driving and making decisions.
Your new responsibilities
- Implement Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials in alignment with your Commodity Manager
- Implement and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems)
- Define and implement Local Procurement strategies (which are not covered by Global Commodity strategies) based on conducted demand, market and supplier analysis to secure long-term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality in alignment with your local Head of Procurement
- Prepare and conduct negotiations for low to medium Purchasing Volumes to obtain highest feasible savings, improve Terms and Conditions or renewing frame contracts
- Conduct eRfQs, produce offer comparisons on Total Cost of Ownership (ToCo) basis and facilitate cross-functional conducted Sourcing Decisions
- Generate, document and implement savings in respect to ToCo, e.g. “Contribution to Net Income”; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPIs to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent
- Support Supplier Management processes (qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification)
- Update supplier evaluation systems to introduce and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency on quality, logistic, commercial, technical and sustainability performance
- Closely collaborate with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement
- Main Internal and External Contacts: Global Commodity Managers, Cross-functional partners (e.g. Quality, R&D, Manufacturing etc.) and Suppliers (direct and 2nd tier)
Your skills and experience
- Degree in Business Administration or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in related disciplines
- Ideally, further education in Industrial Engineering or an apprenticeship in technical procurement combined with the experience in the procurement of custom-designed parts. As a minimum, you can "read drawings"
- Track record of commercial and contractual expertise, paired with analytical thinking, strong initiative and negotiation skills
- As an alternative to the technical background, first experience in Quality Management, Sales or R&D and a strong interest in negotiation and strategic planning
- Flexible and self-starting working style and willingness to travel occasionally to suppliers mainly in Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Eastern Europe
- Knowledge in MS-Office package, interest in new tools and willingness to shape digitalization in your field of action
- Business fluent in German and English
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time