Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Commercial Project Manager to join our Project Team in Cairo office. This is an excellent career opportunity for experienced CPMs from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Commercial Project Manager leadership position within a team. You will partner with the Project Manager and ensure the project is delivered in accordance with Project Management (PM) standards, customer requirements, and Financial Reporting Guidelines. Coordination with Accounting, Tax, Treasury, and other fields will ensure that financials are reported accurately and timely, and that risks are handled proactively.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Ensures compliance with all applicable guidelines by implementing and handling standard policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensures the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems (e.g. SAP) - ensures compliance with Siemens’ Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG), Egyptian Accounting Standards (EAS), and IFRS requirements.
- Leads all project reporting and controlling activities under her/his scope.
- Partners with Project Execution (PE) team to ensure smooth and timely transfer of information to project financials; identifies and implements measures with PE to optimize the project gross profit, cash flow, assets, and financial instruments.
- Actively communicates with customer's commercial representatives and solves commercial / finance issues.
- Leads and supports the PE management in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities – taking over the full responsibility in this regard with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Acts as business partner to the customer and to management in her/his areas of responsibility.
- Manages and supports PE management to select and involve partners / subcontractors.
- Represents the projects in the relevant decision boards internally and externally.
- Coordinates financials with commercial counterpart in headquarters to achieve accurate reporting on world level.
- Ensures that the project achieves the project's deliverable without unnecessary delays / allocates a project's available resources to boost efficiency and cut costs.
- Develops a balanced working environment in her/his assigned area.
- Adheres to Commercial standards, acts according to the Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g., Code of Conduct, Tax regulations, Export Control, EHS), and establishes a culture of trust and integrity within the team.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Degree in BA, Finance or relevant qualification from reputable university or college.
- Commercial project management experience (minimum of five years) is a must; international experience / experience working in multicultural teams is a plus.
- Strong preference for candidates with at least five years of experience in Siemens and experience handling business administration tools (e.g. Spiridon, DASH, OneSRM, GREAT, EPIQ, Philos, PumaWeb, etc.).
- Strong experience with project planning, structuring, controlling, and risk management.
- Expert experience with calculation methods, finance models, forecasting, project controlling (including customs, logistics, and export control), contract and claim management.
- Comfort to implement accounting principles (IFRS), tax, insurances, NCM, FX strategies as required on the project.
- Teamwork, collaboration and good interpersonal skills; negotiation skills is a plus.
- Full professional proficiency in English (both written and oral skills) with strong preference for working Arabic; German is a plus.
- Experience within the mobility sector and with delivery of new rolling stock is a distinct advantage.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond optimally to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time