Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Technical leadership of the Mass transit test team including staff resource planning and coordination with the organizational units involved. Managing following team setup:
- Interfacing/Clarification, coordination and liaising with the technical project management, the relevant application engineers, the test centre and other parties involved (e.g. Headquarters, and Customer).
- Determination of the test strategy, scope clarification, test planning, ordering of testing, and resource allocation of test team
- Hands on experience with evaluation of customer, project, and internal requirements towards establishing test cases, scenarios, documentation and plans which are suitable to project and requirements engineering, compliance and traceability.
- Detailed knowhow on trackside and onboard CBTC interfaces with various subsystem including rolling stock.
- Have performed hands on testing activities for various subsystem in Mass Transit CBTC i.e. Interlocking, ATC, ATS, Communications, Rolling stock, Simulation/Test environments, for wayside and onboard equipment toward based on operational scenarios, requirements, test cases and interfaces.
- Knowledge on Validation principles
- Coordination of test activities at the test centers, factory/lab and on site incl. supporting installation. This also involves coordination for part of test performed in offshore location.
- Evaluation, summarization of test results and preparation/archiving of test reports
- Monitoring of the test time schedule and the test budget
- Regular reporting on test progress and fault statistics (test status) to the project manager
- Knowledge of Projects Support functions (RM/DM/CM) and Quality Management
- Knowledge of Project Management principles towards planning, scheduling and budget controlling.This role for technical management involves focus on technical activities with 80% efforts and also management of team/cost/schedule approximately 20% efforts.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Degree in electrical engineering or systems engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
· Professional experience of minimum 8 years in railway transportation systems with the focus on Test Management in Mass transit projects
· Risk analysis for testing, and definition of appropriate measures to minimize these risks
· Coordination of the provision of test objects and the test infrastructure
· Creation of a testing schedule including the usage time of the test centre facilities
· Coaching of test staff
· Fluent English essential both written and oral, knowledge of German is an asset
· Independent and structured approach to work
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time