System Engineer – Brake Systems
Bangalore / Gurgaon | Siemens Mobility | Full-time
Together we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Understanding the Customer requirements and develop the Brake System requirements and concept for the complete Vehicle level.
- Developing the Brake System for locomotives and Axles with Brake vendors.
- Analyze customer requirements, to offer appropriate standard / customized module to customer.
- Initial system design (like Clause-by-Clause Comments, Air Consumption Calculation, Brake Force calculation, Pneumatic Scheme, Product Description / Specification, System block diagrams & Part list) depending on customer requirement
- Preparation of System / Part - Verification & Validation - Plan & Specifications.
- Installation &coordinating with customer for vehicle commissioning and vehicle type testing.
- Coordination of Installation and commissioning of the Brake system and to perform the Static and Dynamic trials.
- Coordination with System engineering and software teams to develop the brake system and integrate in the vehicle.
- Design and develop the Air generation and treatment units concept and also able to calculate the right sizing of the air generation equipment for the vehicle and trains load capability.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Electrical / Mechanical Engineer with 8-10 years’ experience in Rolling stock industry; specifically in Locomotives, Metro, Trainset.
- Brake System: Locomotives (WAG-9, WAP-7, WAP-5, WDG-4, WDP-4), XMUs (EMU, DEMU,
- MRVC), LHB Coaches (Both Conventional and with EP Assist), 8W DETC, WSP, Bogie Brakes, is preferred.
- Calculation: Brake Force and Stopping Distance Calculation, Air Consumption Prediction
- Trains, Redundancy modes prediction and operation of System.
- Has already worked (preferably) with Railway Builders.
- Able to demonstrate management of engineering teams when applicable.
- Being agile, ability to prioritize and to work effectively under pressure to meet the deadline.
- Able to work in an international & multicultural environment within a matrix organization structure.
- Good written and spoken communication skills (in English).
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bengaluru / Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time