Senior System Engineer – Propulsion Systems
Bangalore / Gurgaon | Siemens Mobility | Full-time
Together we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Understanding the Customer requirements and develop the Electrical system concept of the complete vehicle level and develop the sub system concepts.
- Derive the vehicle level performance requirements and discuss with the project teams and assist them to optimize the customer requirements.
- Develop the traction convertor / Auxiliary convertor / Traction Motor / Traction Transformer concepts and generate the purchase specifications for the Vendors.
- Define the High Voltage components specifications and work closely with vendors for developing the suitable component for a Rial vehicle.
- Develop the design documentation and get the design approval from customer.
- Developing system design (like Clause-by-Clause Comments, Performance simulations, Electrical circuit preparations, Component specification, Product Description / Specification, System block diagrams & Part list) depending on customer requirement
- Preparation of System / Part - Verification & Validation - Plan & Specifications.
- Conducting the Prototype tests on the sub systems and get the dispatch / design clearance from customer.
- Conducting the validation trails along with validation team and get the prototype clearance from the customer.
- Coordination with Other engineering teams such as software, Brake, Circuit Engineering and Mechanical teams to develop the Electrical sub systems and integrate in the vehicle.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You have successfully completed a master's degree in electrical engineering.
- You bring along relevant experience of 10-12 years in the field of drive technology in Trains.
- Furthermore, you have knowledge of simulation tools / techniques for circuits of power electronics.
- You are familiar with analysis and review methodologies
- You are capable of analysis and learning and always work result- and quality-oriented.
- You are willing to travel as required for project.
- Good communication and presentation skill completes your profile
- Knowledge on Power systems, Earthing concepts, EMI-EMC protections, Validations as per IEC 61287, IEC 60030 is preferable.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bengaluru / Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time