Are you ready to change and influence the world we live in? Does working with the world’s largest consumer of Energy get you excited? Do you have a passion to digitize the world we live in? If you answered YES to any of these, we need you. Come join a fantastic team at Siemens Smart Infrastructure and help the Federal Government achieve their mission of Climate Resilient Infrastructure and Operations.
We are searching for an entrepreneurial self-starter with a hunter mentality who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a complex customer – the Federal Government. This critical role will enable the Federal Government to reach their 100% Zero Emissions Vehicle Acquisition goals by 2035, including 100% light-duty acquisition goals by 2027. This role will report directly to the Head of Federal Government Business in Siemens Smart Infrastructure Federal Vertical.
This individual will lead and create the Federal Fleet Electrification strategic vision within the Federal Vertical. This role will work in in full collaboration within the Federal Vertical Team, Sales Leadership and Executive Management. They will generate new customer acquisition, uncover and qualify opportunities by driving early decision-maker engagement directly with the Federal Government. This individual will develop and establish strong ongoing relationships with critical end-users, program offices, contracting personnel, A/E design firms, engineering stakeholders, small businesses, strategic teaming partnerships and industry stakeholders in the EV Infrastructure arena.
- Develop Federal EV strategic vision, account penetration strategies for new customer acquisition, strategic EV Federal priorities, revenue forecasting and execution of EV Federal strategic account plan
- Understand and utilize Federal market trends, Federal mission priorities, and Federal Government customer requirements
- Command and manage all aspects of new early opportunity identification with end-users while partnering with sales executives as opportunities develop and approach a more tactical closing phase
- Proven experience identifying and capturing federal Fleet Electrification civilian and defense business, including leveraging and/or creating relationships, developing effective teaming and win strategies
- Provide expertise of Federal Government knowledge and standard to create and drive a winning strategy in the EV portfolio
- Support directly and/or sales executives on Sources Sought, Request for Information (RFIs), and Request for Proposal or Quote (RFP/RFQ) as a subject matter EV expert
- Represents Siemens in Federal industry associations, professional organization, and affiliations through thought leadership and speaking engagements around EV
- Voice of Customer; Business Development Manager is responsible for long term strategic and tactical planning, relaying the customers vison for increased order intake and Federal specific requirements in the Siemens eMobility business unit
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with Federal agency end-users and Federal ecosystem
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background, MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience working with the Federal Government or Leadership positions
- Experience with EV cloud communications, networking, eMobility, Plug to Grid, Power Monitoring
- Knowledge of Federal procurement, Federal Government contract vehicles, FAR/DFAR
- Knowledge of systems integration, IT/OT, IoT, AI, FedRAMP, RMF ATO, cybersecurity, CMMC
- Understanding of Federal small business/disadvantaged Business requirements – SDVOSB, WOB, 8A, socioeconomic classifications, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience driving Leadership positions
- Ability to build effective relationships and influence to drive results in matrix environment without authority
- Executive presence and executive leadership presentation skills
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.