Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
How can you help us craft the future for siemens and our customers.
We are looking for dedicated person with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our logistic team! In this role you will work to audit materials shipped, proper packaging and bill of laden to ensure accuracy. Also documenting your findings to spreadsheet and creating presentation of said findings.
- Education: High School diploma or Equivalent (desirable 2-year degree).
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in manufacturing environment.
- Specialized Training: Knowledge of safety standards in presence sit down and stand up industrial trucks. Quality control experience a plus, as well as
- Problem solving
- Knowledge: Knowledge on all the operations of the assembly / fabrication / process of the area.
- Knowledge of material flow
- SAP, Warehouse Management (WM) transaction knowledge
- Point of contact for support departments / functions
- Training Program
- Skills: Basic computer skills and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools.
- Communication with other employees
- Good Listener
- Microsoft Office
- SAP and W/M Knowledge
- Abilities: Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs., and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Other: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Operates tools and equipment common to the material handling trade (e.g. manual and powered sit-down and stand-up industrial trucks). Must be licensed on sit down and stand-up industrial trucks.
- Enforce 5S, 7 Wastes and other lean principles in the team / area.
- Realize SAP transactions as needed before, during and after the production process.
- Update reports and files as required for the calculation if metrics / measurements of the area.
- Identify and report to the proper support function of any issue impacting the area.
- Responsible to accommodate requests of Production personnel.
- Responsible for CIP Team / Projects by empowering the team for ownership.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Accesses and utilizes various documents, with the use of computers, associated with the manufacture of products (e.g. Quality and Safety Documents, operating Instructions, etc.)
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.