Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemens eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Embedded Software Engineer - Embedded software development for Level 2 AC Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
• Application development on an embedded Linux platform for Cortex Arm A8 microprocessor.
• Develop applications for bleeding edge technologies like Bidirectional Power Transfer (BPT), Vehicle2Grid (V2G), and IoT communication.
• Perform continuous software improvement via bug fixing and implementing new features to support market needs.
• Embedded Software Engineer will report to the Head of OEM North America, Siemens eMobility.
• Interface with customers to coordinate product requirements and product feasibility.
• Collaborate with the development team to come up with a plan to get us from start to MVP1 to production on a per project basis.
• Identify issues with the customer experience and develop solutions that balance customer requirements, user experience, and development time/difficulty.
• Improve procedures for SDLC and CI/CD pipelines.
• Develop lightweight servers and clients using Web API, WebSocket, and Ethernet technologies to support leading industry standards like OCPP and ISO15118.
• Create and update low level drivers for various communication platforms during embedded software development.
• Develop IoT applications using technologies like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, Cellular modems, PLC, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience with operating systems such as Embedded Linux, Unix/Linux, Yocto Custom Linux Distros.
• At least 1-3 years of experience in communication technologies/protocols such as TCP/IP, IPv6, Ethernet, Wi-Fi ,DOCSIS, HDMI, MPEG, SNMP, TR-069.
• Working knowledge of collaboration and source control tools such as Git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
• Working knowledge of Web API and WebSocket principles.
• Working knowledge of GNU Toolchain, cross compilation, networking on Linux.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors or Masters in computer science or related field with 3-5 years of experience in embedded software development.
• Knowledge of electrical systems, specifically EV charging solutions is highly desired.
• Experience in Application development in C, Python for AM335X embedded platform.
• Embedded firmware development experience in 8, 16 and 32 bit microprocessor.
• Experience in developing code for STM32 processors is highly desirable.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you. If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, dental benefits, and much more.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.