Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized as one of the world's largest and best-known companies in 2022 by:
- Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
- Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
- Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The fire sprinkler service technician position performs service, repairs and Installation associated with fire sprinkler systems and other water-based equipment in accordance with all national and local standards. The right candidate will work well with others, take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. This position reports to the local Supervisor and takes direction from a mentor and Lead Technician.
- Install, repair, and maintenance of wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge fire sprinkler systems, standpipes, backflow preventers, fire hydrants, and fire pumps.
- Perform fire sprinkler, fire pump and other water-based equipment inspections and testing.
- Properly document deficiencies/impairments noted during inspections or service work and follow required process of reporting deficiencies while on-site.
- Assist management with quoting repairs and tenant improvements.
- Follow and maintain highly structured schedules.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all work performed.
- Complete service ticket documentation before leaving customer site to include customer signature.
- Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and assist with training
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures
- Maintain vehicle stock, tools, and equipment.
- Follow corporate policies related to vehicle use and care.
- Train other technicians
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED, Associate Degree Preferred
- Experience with installation and repair of water-based equipment, 5+ years preferred.
- NICET 1 Required ( NICET 2 Preferred)
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Willingness to learn and grow within the company.
- Follow and maintain highly structured schedules.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must have good customer-facing and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.