Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Account Technology Manager
Job Reference #: 333034
Job Location: Fremont, CA
Mentor Graphics is now Siemens EDA
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and innovative electronic products. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics, to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of electronics design.
We are seeking a dynamic technical sales professional, who will be responsible for development and execution of the go-to market strategy to achieve specific business targets and strategic objectives for Questa and One Spin products and solutions ((Simulation, Debug, Coverage, Formal, Verification IP, Functional Safety) within the greater Silicon Valley area.
The Account Technology Manager (“ATM”) will lead the prospecting, identifying, prioritizing opportunities, developing technical engagement strategies, coordinating with field technical management on staffing and technical execution and working with Account Managers to covert technical success into business wins. This individual will thus be responsible for actively and accurately tracking customer engagements including sales stage, progress against plan, action items, risks including competitive threats, and prioritization.
As part of this role, the ATM is responsible for defining and owning the technical opportunity plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the initial win and then proliferate the solution to new groups and users within existing customers. This individual will work closely with the Account Manager to develop these plans and the Account Manager must ultimately approve this plan prior to execution. In addition, the ATM must develop strategic partnerships with key stakeholders within the territory.
Location and Travel:
The job will be based in Fremont, California office and can be located anywhere within the greater Silicon Valley area with up to 25% travel prior to the global health crisis. During the current global health crisis, the business travel has been restricted and subject to change upon company policy.
- Develop the overall product strategy along with the field technical management to achieve business targets and strategic objectives. Business targets and strategic objectives are defined by sales management in conjunction with the product division. The strategy to achieve those business targets requires the construction of a top-down and bottom-up plan account by account within a territory (including calling out strategy to capture unidentified business in that territory)
- Define technical account engagement plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the results. The strategy and plans for each account must be approved by the Account Manager.
- Lead and manage the account specific campaigns for the specific product line.
- Ensure understanding of all elements of any technical campaign - decision process, success criteria, committed usage upon success, run rate impact, AE resources required and, of course, solving the customer’s problem.
- Establish regular meetings with specific customer management to support successful campaigns
- Align with account team on business opportunities and build up the engagement tracking mechanism to ensure ability to summarize data and communicate progress vs plan across multiple accounts effectively
- Define, track and report the priorities for all engagements at every stage and communicate closely with technical management helping to prioritize engagements and short vs. long-term objectives
- Build strong customer relationships to enable establishment of strategic relationships for Mentor in product / technology
- Serve as the key field resource to summarize competitive threats and opportunities
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS Degree or equivalent, MS preferred
- 10+ years of industry experience in EDA or IC Functional Verification
- Customer-facing experience in sales (technical sales or pre-sales AE)
- Market and industry knowledge in Functional Verification IC
- Hands-on experience in Functional Verification IC includes Digital Simulation, coverage, Formal Techniques, Static Verifications (CDC) and Verification IP (VIP)
- Prospecting and discovery skills
- Creating and executing Demand Creation activities or campaigns
- Develop and manage technical campaigns to successful closure
- Customer relationship and expectations management skills
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Proactive self-starter with a focus on best practices to achieve results
- Motivated team player/leader with ability to manage indirectly
Statement on the Global Health Crisis:
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.