Siemens Digital Industries Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Spring 2023 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research & design innovation. More information on our specific roles is included in this document.
- Able to work 100% remote preferably in EST or CST time zones
- Pre-senior undergraduate status preferred, but open to MS students
- Able to work 20-25 hrs/wk in Spring 2023, then full-time (40 hrs/wk) in Summer 2023
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program.
Sustainability Center of Competence Co-op
Do you have a passion for sustainability? Are you sometimes frustrated at the pace at which the world is addressing environmental issues? Want to be part of a team that is doing something about it? Siemens Digital Industries has created a sustainability center of competence (CoC) that is chartered with helping industry understand how sustainability becomes core to how they conduct business. Embracing sustainability in a way that contributes to a company’s triple bottom line is the only way to make it viable in industry. Working with this team, you’ll be at the intersection of sustainability and the future of industry - helping develop the CoC’s overall strategy, driving innovative thinking about how the broad Siemens portfolio can aid industry in achieving profitable sustainability, helping apply that thinking to our own product development and manufacturing processes, and helping develop experiences that will enable people across industry to understand what’s possible and motivate them to change their thinking about the impact that a sustainable business model can have on profit and planet.
Experience in this role will contribute to developing strong project management, organizational and analytical skills; a real sense of how a strategy is developed and executed; a deeper knowledge of the challenges facing industry as companies work to protect our planet; and a real perspective on what tangible actions companies can take right now.
Responsibilities of the Sustainability Center of Competence Intern could span all or some of the following:
- Market research
- Learning government requirements in a variety of countries
- Determining how to reach those requirements across multiple industries
- Identifying what competitors are doing around sustainability
- Discovering what best-in-class looks like for profitable sustainability
- Solution development
- Understanding the Siemens Digital Industries Software portfolio
- Leveraging that portfolio and defining solutions that address specific opportunities at industrial companies to allow them to move towards profitable sustainability
- Marketing and communications
- Developing content that will form an overall experience that helps people understand what’s possible
- Driving sustainability messaging and positioning into other marketing and communications activities across Siemens
- Technical (engineering) career path preferred
- Passion for sustainability
- Strong desire to define and implement real solutions that make a difference
- Highly organized and able to coordinate and pursue multiple efforts simultaneously
- Rapid learner with strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly motivated, creative, persistent self-starter who is adept at coordinating and communicating with a wide variety of individuals
- Understanding or the ability to develop an understanding of Siemens software and hardware portfolio
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will
be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.