Siemens Digital Industries Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Spring 2023 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research & design innovation. More information on our specific roles are included in this document.
• Currently enrolled as a University of Cincinnati undergraduate student
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Authorized to work in the United State without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
• Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
• Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
• Paid volunteer time off
• Employee discounts at our top customer sites
• Networking with our global leaders
• Mentorship from senior engineers
• Individual career development planning
• Professional and technical workshops
• Energetic student community
• Leadership opportunities
• Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Product Engineering Software
As a Co-op in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. Projects in this organization will build off each other. Each successive co-op rotation in PES will expand on a new area of the software development lifecycle. You may work on business critical projects in quality assurance, business analytics, prototypes for new releases, automated tests, test results analysis, etc. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams to:
• Learn our software needs and functionality
• Draft design and coding documentation for future development expansion
• Create parts and assemblies
• Interactively test NX through scheduled automated suites
• Analyze test results and provide insights on detected problems
• Design and implement new test cases
• Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineer
• Strong object oriented programming skills coding skills in C++/C
• Commanding grasp of C#, Python, Java, VBA, or Perl
• Knowledgeable in object oriented concepts
• Write clean, robust, and maintainable code
• Experience with computer-aided design or engineering software
• Passion for design, engineering, and programming
• Dedicated to continuous improvement and learning new languages
• Inspire collaboration
• Exceptional communication skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.